The Paw Print
February 20-24, 2023
Mark Your Calendars
Monday - Feb. 20
Tuesday - Feb. 21
Running Club at recess
Wednesday - Feb. 22
LAST DAY for School Choice Transfer
1:15 Early Release
Thursday - Feb. 23
8:00 - Boosterthon Kick-Off Assembly
Running Club at recess
Friday - Feb. 24
Bear Hug Store at Lunch
2:15 - Ice cream sales
Parent Survey Closes
3/1 - Junior PTA Meeting after school
3/3 - MINIMUM DAY (school ends at 12:45)
3/3 - Boosterthon
3/9 - Family Math Night (RSVP below)
3/10 - Flag Ceremony/"Principal Sundae"
3/17 - SAVE THE DATE: Lunch with a LUCKY One
Family Math Night
Thursday, March 9th, 6-7pm
1851 Brookhaven Avenue
Our Family Math Night will be held on Thursday, March 9, 2023 from 6:00-7:00 p.m. Bring your Brookhaven student(s)* and get some hands-on ideas for how to have fun while doing math! SPACE IS LIMITED TO 35 FAMILIES so RSVP to save your spot. Families who attend will receive math materials to take home that evening.
*Childcare not available.
LAST CALL! Parent Survey
Each year, the Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District (PYLUSD) conducts a survey to gather valuable insight from parents and guardians. Your feedback is extremely important and will help PYLUSD make good decisions to improve our schools.
A link to this year's survey is here: www.surveymonkey.com/r/2023ParentEnglish
This survey will take approximately 8 minutes to complete. It will be available until Friday, February 24, 2023. Please provide your input as soon as possible. You are encouraged to complete the survey more than once if you have students at multiple schools.
If you do not have access to a computer, please call your student's school. They will provide you with the opportunity to complete the survey on a school computer. As always, PYLUSD appreciates your support.
Helpful PYLUSD Expanded Learning information
- Expanded Learning registration is in addition to school registration.
- Registration for currently enrolled families and incoming TK/K begins March 20, 2023
- Parents register using Eleyo
- Want to promote your business? Sponsor Brookhaven's Fund Run! Contact PTA for more information.
- Boosterthon Volunteers: look for information from your child's teacher about volunteering for the Boosterthon event.
- WE NEED YOU: We have open committee positions-6th Grade Chairs, Family Movie Night, and Ice Cream Sales. Please contact Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Brookhaven Elementary Families!
Our Brookhaven Bears Fund Run will be kicked off this Thursday 2/23 and we are thrilled about this year’s program!
This year, our entire school is raising funds for school enrichment programs, teacher supplies, field trips, and more. Our goal is to raise $20,000, and, if you’d like to, we are inviting YOU to help!
Here’s how you can support Brookhaven Elementary:
1. Register on mybooster.com tonight. It’s so easy!
2. Share about our fundraiser with your family and friends using the SHARE BUTTON on mybooster.com.
3. Give a donation, if you are able.
Thank you for supporting our school!. We can’t wait for the Brookhaven Bears Fund Run happening on 03/03/2023!
Key Dates to Remember:
* REGISTRATION is OPEN - Register on MYBOOSTER.COM
* Brookhaven Bears Fund Run Kick Off - 02/23/2023
* Event Day - 03/03/2023
Little Mermaid Jr!
Grades 2-6: February 10, 17, 24, & March 3 from dismissal until 4:00 pm for chorus and 4:30 pm for leads
All Grades: March 8, 15, 22, & 29 from dismissal until 3:00 pm for chorus and 3:30 pm for leads
April 11 & 12 - Dress rehearsals
Location: The Forum Theater at Yorba Linda High School
April 13 - Performance #1
April 15 - Performance #2
Brookhaven Yearbook Links