Russia in World War II
Russia and The Soviet Union
Cause and Effect the Battle of Moscow
Battle of Moscow
Friday, Oct 2nd 1942 at 12am to Monday, Jan 7th, 12am
- It happened because the Germans wanted to advance and capture Russia
- Right before they took Moscow, they were defeated
Explain Operation Barbaossa
Sunday, Jun 22nd 1941 at 12am
- Hitler thought the Soviets would be easy to defeat
- Germans had 3,000,00 troops
- At first the Germans shattered the Red Army (The Soviets)
- Soviets brought troops from East Asia to defeat the Germans
Describe how the Soviets finished off the war
Bilocerkowycz, Jaroslaw. "Moscow." World Book Student. World Book, 2013. Web. 1 May 2013.
Source #2: World Book article
Glantz, David M. "Operation Barbarossa." World Book Student. World Book, 2013. Web. 1 May 2013.
Source #3: Book
Callery, Sean. World War II. New York: Scholastic, 2013. Print.
Source #4: Book
Chrisp, Peter. World War II: Fighting for Freedom : The Story of the Conflict That Changed the World, 1939-1945. New York: Scholastic, 2010. Print.