7th Grade Newsletter
Believe Motivate Succeed
October 12th - October 16th
Grade Level Information
- October 9th - 12th - Fall Holiday
- October 13th or 14th - Aurora Theater Field Trip - Language Arts and Social Studies homerooms will be going on Tuesday. Math and Science homerooms will be going on Wednesday.
- October 16th-17th - EARLY RELEASE - parent conferences - Please make sure you have signed and returned the parent conference form.
- November 6th - Zoo Field Trip Payment Due $25
Reminders for car rider parents:
- Student drop off in the bus lane starts at 7:15 in the morning.
- You may not stop in the crosswalk between BMS and BA or between the crosswalk and the entrance to the staff parking lot when in the car rider line. Stop before the staff parking lot entrance and wait until the cars ahead of you move so you can get past the crosswalk.
- Only right turns are allowed as you exit the car rider lot onto Robert Bell Parkway.
- Remember that the school zone speed limit during arrival and dismissal times is 25 mph. Be prepared to stop.
Spring Field Trip: The $25 down payment for our field trip to Zoo Atlanta and the Hard Rock Cafe is due by November 6th for students and chaperons. This payment must be made to reserve your child's seat on the charter bus. Permission slips need to be returned ASAP.
Johnson: Continue novel study
Taylor: Thursday read chapter 5 in Artemis Fowl
Accelerated Math: Perimeter and Circumference (Lesson 12-1 videos due Tuesday)
Cochran/Larson: We will continue to work on cells and cell transport. We will test on the current unit the week of October 19th. Please check your child's agenda for quiz and test dates.
Webster: We are working on our Cell City Project.
Duncan: The test over the cells unit will be on Tuesday. Your child has been given a study guide.
Mrs. Black's classes, Mrs. Castleman's classes, and Mrs. Hosch's 1st period classes will be working on their Africa projects. These projects are due 10/19.
Parent Tips to Help Your Child Succeed
- Set aside time to listen as your child tells you about each of his teachers and classes.
- Does your child forget to bring home books? Have him post a take-home checklist inside his locker.
- At the dinner table, have each family member share something they’re thankful for.
- Keeping track of assignments is very important in middle school. Ask to see your child’s agenda.