March 17, 2023
CONGRATULATIONS to the SHS Winter Percussion!
Congratulations to the SHS Boys Basketball Team on Winning the Regional Championship Title!
Congratulations to our SHS Archers!
Congrats to Jason Tillison, 2nd place for 3D with a 292!
More information about Nationals will be released early April.
LINKS TO PURCHASE PROM TICKETS MARCH 13th-19th
General SHS Student: https://public.eventlink.com/tickets?t=30572&p=44503
General Non-SHS Student: https://public.eventlink.com/tickets?t=30572&p=44504
SHS Senior Ticket: https://public.eventlink.com/tickets?t=30572&p=44076
New links will be emailed to Juniors, Seniors, and their parents/guardians on Monday, March 20th for the final week of sales! Ticket sales will end on March 26th!
Congratulations Dare Bowles, Kody Clancy, Kyle McGinnis, Jack Miller, Caden Richardson & Wyatt Zellers on being selected to the HBCA Honors Court for your work in the classroom and maintaining a GPA above 3.2!
Congratulations to our swimmers Becky Foster, Emily Foster & Christienne Patterson on being selected ICGSA Academic All State Honorable Mention!
Congratulations Sonya King and Hannah Thomas on being selected IBCA Academic All State Honorable Mention!
Attention Junior Parents!
Driver's Education Classes - CLASSES FILL UP QUICKLY, REGISTER EARLY!
Classes fill up quickly, don't wait to reserve your spot!
May 22nd - June 4th (full)
June 26th - July 7th (filling up quickly)
Oct 9th - 20th
March 4th - 15th, 2024
Classes are $400 and include 2 weeks of classroom instruction followed be scheduled drive time. Classes will be after school hours while drive time will be after school and some Saturday mornings.
To reserve a spot a $200 deposit is required. The balance is due at the beginning of class. Classes will fill up quickly. Contact Angie Richey at 812-752-8927 to reserve your spot!
1. You must be at least 15 years old to register for Driver's Ed.
2. As an additional option, you can enroll in an online Driver Education course for the instructional portion of the class if we do not have an opening during the session you would like to register for. You will still need to sign up to complete the driving portion through the High School. We recommend driversed.com. Though you can use any class approved by the BMV, that list is available by searching "Licensed Driver Training Schools-In.gov".
3. Bring the payment receipt for the on-line class to Mrs. Angie Richey at the SHS Main Office. At that time you can register for the driving portion which is $350. Mrs. Richey will issue you a CDE form stating your student is enrolled in Drivers Ed at SHS.
4. In order to obtain your Learner's Permit, take the CDE form along with a certified birth certificate, social security card and 2 documents with the student's name and address to the BMV. The SHS office can print a Harmony page that can be used as one of the address documents needed. Students will be given a test over the Indiana Drivers Manual and a vision test before obtaining their Learner's Permit.
5. Once you have completed the on-line course and obtained your Learner's Permit bring your certificate to Mrs. Richey. She will contact the driving instructor to schedule your drive times.
6. In order to take the test for your Operator License you will need to be age 16 & 90 days, have held your Learner's Permit for 180 days, completed 6 hours with a driving instructor and completed a total of 50 hours of practice with an instructor or blood relative over age 25 that has a valid drivers license.
10:00am Boys Basketball IHSAA Semi-State @ Seymour HS
Winter Percussion State Competition @ Brownsburg HS
5:30pm Baseball Scrimmage @ Floyd Central HS
5:00pm Girls Tennis Scrimmage vs Pekin Eastern