Daily Life In The 1930's
Tavis Jenkins and Michaela Hood
In the 1930's
- This was a time when many people were evicted out of their homes and many workers had suddenly loss their jobs because of the crashing of the stock market.
- Many workers called this era the "Great Depression".
- President Hoover was soon replaced by Franklin D. Roosevelt (FDR).
- Adolf Hitler and the Nazi party rose to power in Germany in 1933.
- Many women were very active during this time and was known for their significant events.
- Movies became very popular with the addition of sound.
- Comedies, gangster, and musicals helped people forget their troubles.
- Big bands and swing music were popular with Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, and a lot more.
- Dancing was also a popular form of entertainment.
- The radio and movies had coasted money out of many consumers.
- Listening to the radio was a way people would stay connected and knows what's going on.
- Factory made garments were more like a "ready to use" type clothing. It wasn't as fashionable, but it became extremely popular for the women who couldn't afford custom garments.
- In the 1930's, females used to wear dresses that showed less cleavage than most females in present time.
- Males were the same, it was more easier to buy their dress clothes.
- Many males could buy a whole suit along with three pairs of socks and pairs of shoes with just only $25.