Mrs. Reiber's Apple Newsletter
March 16, 2015
- Report card grades should be coming out sometime this week.
- Spring Picture Day is Monday, March 16.
- March book orders will be due Friday, March 20.
- SPRING BREAK starts on Saturday, March 21!
- I have included a few websites for students to browse for social studies about voting, government, and elections. This goes along nicely with parts of our government unit and learning about the three branches of government, as well as our rights as citizens! The students started playing the games while we were in the computer lab this past week and they really enjoyed them.
V.I.P. and Teacher Helper
This week's VIP is Conner!
Thank you Mason R. for being our Teacher Helper!
Happy Birthday Olivia, who has a birthday over spring break!
What We Are Learning...
- Math - Next, we will start a short unit about decimals.
- Reading - We are currently working on our Book Club novel projects! Over the next month, we will study main idea, start a new read aloud Flora and Ulysses, and start learning about poetry.
- Writing - The next spelling test is Friday, April 10. We do not have spelling words this week due to spring break starting on Saturday.
- Social Studies - We will continue reading our weekly social studies newspapers (they are a great resource) and students can read along with them at home on the computer too! Go to http://www.studiesweekly.com/ Our next topic will include economics.