Teacher Leadership Academy
Exploring the IF/Coaching Role
Good afternoon! Please sit with teachers from other schools. You'll definitely want to hear other perspectives today!
As you come in...Chart Splash
Record a short summary of your IF's answers to each of the 5 interview questions on the charts posted.
- I can fully understand what the role of a teacher coach (IF, BLC, etc.) entails.
- I can more clearly define my own professional goals.
The FOCUS for today: Moving out of the classroom into a coaching role.
The Role of the IF
- Video - "What the IF role is like..."
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Small group discussion about the IF role
- Whole group share out
Rewarding and Challenging
Work with your group to create a presentation that represents the challenges and rewards of the IF role. You can use technology, chart paper, whiteboards, etc.