We Are Sailing Through Kindergarten!
May 27th, 2016
- This week we had our farewell party with our PreK reading buddies. We thanked them for being such wonderful reading partners by writing them each a special thank you card. We had fun sharing our cards and enjoying a snack with our friends.
- We were so excited to find out that the butterflies emerged this week. We went outside to watch them fly away. We also found out that the chicks hatched over the weekend. They are so cute and fluffy!
- We began our final project in Writer's Workshop. We are writing personal narratives. We can't wait to share our work with you!
- Enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend!
Things we've learned...
- We learned the following high frequency words: what, said, and was. Please review these words with your child at home.
- We learned the following Amazing Words: cabs, headlight, haul, steering wheel, trailors, and truckers.
- We learned the following letter and sound: Uu.
- In math, we continued analyzing, comparing, and composing shapes.
- In science, we continued our plant unit. We continued observing our plants and lima beans.
- In social studies, we finished our unit on American Symbols. Just in time for Memorial Day!
Books we've read...
- Trucks Roll by George Ella Lyon
- Quack-Quack by Frederic Stehr
- When Caterpillars Grow by Lisa Galjanic
STAR OF THE WEEK
Miles was our star student this week. We learned that he loves to go in the pool and play at the park with his sister. He also loves playing soccer. Great job, Miles!
- WE WILL BE HAVING FIELD DAY ON THURSDAY, JUNE 16th. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND GET READY FOR A FUN-FILLED DAY!
- As the weather gets warmer, please remember that the children must wear closed-toe shoes to participate in recess.
- If your child is absent from school, please send in an absent note the day your child returns. Thank you!
- Please make sure your child’s name is on ALL homework. Please be sure to help your child read the directions carefully and check it when it is complete. Thank you for your continued support at home!
- Please continue to bring your ID with you at dismissal. It is a School #6 policy to always have your ID with you at dismissal. In the event that there is a substitute teacher, you will be required to show identification.
- To see more pictures from our days at School #6, check out our school page on the district website!