Monterey Bay CUE
Newsletter - Volume 2
Fall CUE Meetups!
MBCUE + SVCUE Meetup!
Friday, Oct. 27th, 6pm
902 Main Street
Fall CUE MBCUE Affiliate Meeting!
Saturday, Oct. 28th, 11am-12:30pm
3000 Newell Drive
American Canyon, CA
See you in Building D - D161!
Upcoming Events & Opportunities
MBCUE Student Powered Film Festival!
MBCUE is offering a series of three 2-hour trainings on using WeVideo for digital storytelling. These trainings will be hosted by MBCUE Lead Learners who will guide you through the process of showing your students how to develop, create, and publish short videos.
Each of these trainings will include a class set of 30 WeVideo licenses so you can begin your storytelling journey with your students immediately! The goal is to prepare students to submit entries to MBCUE's Student Powered Film Festival taking place on Earth Day, April 22, 2018 at Maya Cinema.
Three Locations/Three Series:
- REGISTER->Salinas- MCOE: Jan 11 4:00-6:00, Feb. 8 4:00-6:00, March 8th 4:00-6:00
- REGISTER->Soledad- Main Street Middle School: Jan 11 4:00-6:00, Feb. 8 4:00-6:00, March 8th 4:00-6:00
- REGISTER->Hollister: Dec 7 4:00-6:00, Jan 11 4:00-6:00, Feb. 8 4:00-6:00, March 1st 4:00-6:00
- REGISTER->PO for School Districts
Cost: $150 include class set of 30 WeVideo License and all three training sessions
Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get ready for a JAM SESSION!
Saturday, Dec. 2nd, 8:30am-2:30pm
901 Blanco Circle
- Intro and Advanced Coding
- Raspberry Pi
- Coder Dojo
- Google CS First
- Computer Science Principles
- Connections to NGSS
- Game Designing & Animation
Attendees: K-12 Educators
Sessions: Multiple hour-long sessions with local and regional expert presenters
- Early Registration: $30 - Before Nov 2nd
- Standard Registration: $40 - After Nov 2nd
- Phone: 831-755-0346
LeRoy Finkel Fellowship
The LeRoy Finkel Fellowship is intended to promote leadership in the field of educational technology. CUE "Fellows" will
- Strengthen professional skills;
- Develop an innovative technology-enhanced curriculum project, aligned to curriculum standards; and
- Share their ideas and strategies through the OnCUE Journal, conferences, websites, social media and much more.
Any part or full-time K-20 educator that is a member of CUE working within California or Nevada is eligible to apply. To be considered as a finalist or for the full fellowship, the applicant must be willing to travel to Palm Springs and present their idea on stage at the CUE National Conference in March. The selected Fellow should be willing and able to perform the duties and attend the events below before applying.
- $1,000 award (applicable taxes apply)
- Complimentary registration for the 2018 Spring CUE Conference in Palm Springs
- Invitation to present your Big Idea on stage during the LeRoy's Big Idea: The Finalists session
- Inclusion in 'LeRoy Finkel Finalist Update' column of OnCUE Journal
- Two 30-minute coaching sessions with a professional presentation coach.
- $2,000 award (applicable taxes apply)
- Registration and travel expenses to the ISTE Conference for the current year.
- Guidance for one year of a professional mentor, recommended by the CUE Board.
- Invitation to write a feature article for OnCUE Journal in the year following the award.
Application Deadline: December 10, 2017 - Click HERE to apply