Organic products V.S. conventional products
Is eating organic products better for your health v.s conventional products?
What does organic mean?
Benefits of organic foods
-Boosts immune system
-Tastes better than non-organic foods
-Reduces risk of heart disease
-Reduces presence of pesticides
Organic vs conventional
Organic- Use natural fertilizers such as manure or compost to nourish soil and promote plant growth
- Rotate crops, use mulch or hand weed to provide beneficial crop hygiene, remove pests, and reduce disease
- Give organic feed to animals and allow them access to open pasture while utilizing rotational grazing patterns
- Use synthetic or chemical fertilizers often containing nitrates to promote plant grwoth
- Use herbicides to kill off weeds and insecticides to kill off insects and bugs in order to reduce disease
- Use antibiotics, growth hormones, and medications in animals to prevent disease and promote growth
Organic Products- Meat, eggs, and dairy products with the organic label must have come from animals fed organic feed (which means non-GMO). They were given fresh air and outdoor access and raised without antibiotics or added growth hormones.
GMO- Genetically modified organisms. Living organisms whose genetic material has been artificially manipulated in a lab through genetic engineering.