Campaign Finance Outline
For Hillary Clinton
A Total Amount to be Raised:
Federal Campaign Finance Act of 1971
- This act required presidential candidates to provide donor names.
- This enabled the idea of soft money, which is the money donated to major parties to support activities.
- Priorities USA Action is the main PAC that is supporting Hillary Clinton.
- PACs help candidates raise and spend money effectively.
- This money comes from voluntary donations.
Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act
- This Act amended the Federal Campaign Finance Act of 1971.
- This limited fundraising by all candidates.
- This required PACs to fund election activities with federal funds.
- This prevented major parties from spending funds that are not federal.
- NARAL Pro-Choice America would support Hillary Clinton because of her party's stands on abortion.
- National Farmers Union would support Hillary Clinton because her party believes that production in agriculture starts with stabilized and united families.
- American Wilderness Coalition would support Hillary Clinton because of her party's beliefs in maintaining the remaining wilderness areas.
- National Trust for Historic Preservation would support Hillary Clinton because her party believes in preserving American historic places.
- American Forest and Paper Association would support Hillary Clinton because of her party's beliefs in preserving the environment by recycling.