B-C-S Summer Lunch Club Begins today!
Benton-Carroll-Salem Summer Lunch Club will begin May 29 - August 16! This program is sponsored by the COMMUNITY! This is a free lunch program offered to EVERY K-12 child in the B-C-S Community. Children are able to get a FREE lunch from 12 noon - 1:00 PM at St. John Evan. Lutheran Church, 2nd Floor!
Spread the great news!
HS Gym roof replacement begins!
HS Gym roof replacement begins. Paid with Permanent Improvement levy funds. This job marks the end of HS roof work.
What's Going On At RC Waters Elementary?
Move up day a BIG success!
Students in grades kindergarten, first, and second moved up to the next grade level for a portion of the morning. The students met the teachers, visited the classrooms, and participated in activities to get an idea of what's in store for them for next year. The third graders visited the Oak Harbor Middle School and had a chance to shop at the fourth grade Econ Fair.
Local preschool students that will be starting kindergarten next year were also invited to participate in "Move Up Day". They toured the building, enjoyed a snack in the cafeteria, met the kindergarten staff, and participated in kindergarten activities. The preschool visit is designed to help alleviate anxiety about starting kindergarten and encourage excitement about school. We had 8 different preschools represented and 71 preschool students in attendance.
The day was a big success! All grade levels enjoyed meeting next year's "crop" of students.
This week at RC Waters!
Our TIE group organized and planned our end-of-year event "Camp Rocket". Students enjoyed campfire songs, horse races, trail mix, yard games, and treats. Each student took home a book and a flashlight for summer reading. Everyone enjoyed celebrating the end of the school year.
A tree planting ceremony was held this week in honor of Mrs. Kathy Johnson. In attendance was her family, B-C-S staff, and members of her EMS family. Her family expressed their appreciation for the memorial. She is missed by her family and friends.
RCW students participated in a "Move-Up Day". Each grade level moved up to the next grade to meet the teachers and learn about activities. 3rd graders visited the Middle School for a tour & over 60 preschool students visited to get an idea of what kindergarten is all about.
What's Going On At Oak Harbor Middle School?
OHMS Slide Show 2018!
WE HAD A GREAT YEAR!
THIS WEEK AT OHMS!
L to R -
Spencer, horn - Most Outstanding 6th grade band member Emily, baritone - Most Improved 7th grade band member Karson, bassoon - Most Outstanding 7th grade band member Congratulations to these young musicians! The future of the B-C-S band program is bright!
It's Great to be a 7th grader!
Check out what we did this year!
WHATS GOING ON AT OAK HARBOR HIGH SCHOOL?
Oak Harbor High School recently recognized as a Purple Star school by the Ohio Department of Education!
Oak Harbor High School was recently recognized as a Purple Star school by the Ohio Department of Education for their commitment to help military connected students and families be successful.
"I am very proud of this award because it should tell everyone that the staff at OHHS are ready and willing to go above and beyond to support students who come from military connected families. Military-connected students often need a little extra support, especially when a family member is deployed," said B-C-S Superintendent Guy Parmigian.
The Purple Star designation for military-friendly schools recognizes schools that show a major commitment to serving students and families connected to our nation's armed forces. Purple Star awardees receive a special Purple Star recognition to display in their buildings. The Purple Star Advisory Board, formed by the Ohio departments of Education, Higher Education, Veterans Services and Adjutant General, helps decide eligibility.
Benton-Carroll-Salem Local School District is proud to announce that RC Waters, Oak Harbor Middle School, and now Oak Harbor High School are all officially Purple Star Schools.
This week at OHHS!
OHHS Performing arts class opening performance!
Andy Buderer, his mom and coaches after signing his National Letter of Intent to participate in Track at Ohio Northern University.
Drew Grahl thank you for 10 Years of service to Oak Harbor Athletics & BCS Schools. You are leaving us very strong!
Jill Mincheff Award recipient given by Mr. Grahl to Mr. Hoover. Well Deserved Mr. Hoover!
ROCKET SPORTS HIGHLIGHTS!
- 6th place in the mile for Marcus Hartlage. Incredible job!!! We are super proud of how hard you raced!!!
- State Qualifier Hope Sievert in the Mile
- 4x100 Relay(Garrett Duty, AJ Riechman, Andy Buderer, Nick Damron) 4th place and State Bound!!!!
- Girls 4x200(Abby Below, Cora Domanowski, Abby Dornbusch, Elaina Krupp) 4th place & State Bound!!!
- State Bound 4x400 Relay(Abby Below, Elaina Krupp, Hope Sievert, Abby Dornbusch) 2nd place!!!
- 4x200 Relay(Garrett Duty, AJ Riechman, Aiden Barton, Andy Buderer) 2nd place State Bound and new school record holders!!!
- Branden Elmes 3rd in 100m. Hurdles punches ticket to state!
- Finishing 4th and jumping on the bus to state is our Rockets 4 x 100!!
- Branden Elmes 6th in 300m hurdles! Congrats Branden!
- A HUGE THAN-YOU to our anonymous donor for purchasing us this AWESOME tent!!!!
- Congratulations to Andy Buderer for sign his National letter of intent to participate in Track at Ohio Northern University.
- Emily Wolf 7th@ Regionals. Another good season and so much to look forward to.
- Brandon Elmes is headed to Columbus in the 110 high hurdles!
- Peyton Bloomer 2018 Regional Runner-up and state qualifier. Congratulations Peyton and Coach Lucas!!!
- The Rockets finish the season with a 25-6 Record, a SBC Title, a Sectional Title, a District Title, and Ranked #3 in State Poll. The Seniors leave with a remarkable 99-23 Record! So much to be proud of! Thank you to all that supported these players! Go Rockets!
- Congratulations on another phenomenal season Lady Rockets! SBC Champs, Sectional Champs, District Champs! Thank you seniors for one heck of a ride.
- Archie Griffin Sportsman Award given to Seniors Garrett Duty and Abby Dornbusch. Great job!
- Jill Mincheff Award recipient given by Mr Grahl to Mr Hoover.
- Mr. Grahl was presented with a Service Award during the Spring Sports Banquet. Thank you for all you have done Mr. Grahl!
- National federation award recipients Taylor Beard & Alex Gezo
- Ohio HS Scholar Athlete Awards given to Aaron Lee & Emily Lenke
- Mr. Grahl was awarded a honorary uniform from the Softball team.
Congratulations to our State Track and Field State Qualifiers!
4x200 Relay(Garrett Duty, AJ Riechman, Aiden Barton, Andy Buderer) 2nd place State Bound and new school record holders!!!
State Qualifier Hope Sievert in the Mile
4x100 Relay(Garrett Duty, AJ Riechman, Andy Buderer, Nick Damron) 4th place and State Bound!!!!
State Bound 4x400 Relay(Abby Below, Elaina Krupp, Hope Sievert, Abby Dornbusch) 2nd place!!!
Peyton Bloomer 2018 Regional Runner-up and state qualifier. Congratulations Peyton and Coach Lucas!!!
Girls 4x200(Abby Below, Cora Domanowski, Abby Dornbusch, Elaina Krupp) 4th place & State Bound!!!
The school district was founded on July 1, 1967 due to the consolidation of the Benton Township School District, the Carroll Township School District, and the Salem-Oak Harbor School District.Benton-Carroll-Salem Local School District, home of the Oak Harbor Rockets, serves 1700 students on three campuses: R.C. Waters Elementary School (Grades K--3), Oak Harbor Middle School (Grades 4--7), and Oak Harbor High School (Grades 8--12). The district is committed to serving the needs of all students to prepare them for the challenges of citizenship, the workforce, and life long learning.