Serrano Eagles Bulletin
Parent Bulletin - October 12th, 2015
CONFERENCE WEEK - MINIMUM DAY SCHEDULE EVERY DAY!
Soaring Moment of the Week: Serrano STEM Challenge Friday
We hope that you students went home and talked all about this event.
Check out the video below to see how impactful this activity was.
STEM SUPPORT NEEDED!
To make this STEM Friday actually happen, we need some help in the form of supplies. For schoolwide challenges, we build 160 teams and thus need 160 sets of supplies to include everyone. Below is a list of common supplies for a variety of challenges. If you have any of these supplies hanging out unused at home or would like to pick some up to donate, or would like to donate money to help purchase supplies, we would be so appreciative!
The following supplies are needed and used in a variety of challenges and will be used in the ones we have planned for the next couple of weeks. We need very large quantities of all items so whatever you can donate will be so helpful.
- Blue Painters Tape
- Plastic Spoons
- Popsicle Sticks
- Tongue Depressors
- Rubber Bands
- Masking Tape
- Red Solo Cups
- Paper Dixie Cups
- Pumpkin Candy Corn (this if for next week)
- Aluminum Foil
- Index Cards
- Disposable Aluminum Deep Pans - like the ones you can fit a turkey in and get from the grocery store
* Donations can be dropped off in the office.
Thank you for your generosity and support!
Stay Connected with Serrano
TWEET like an Eagle!
Follow Us on Twitter: @SerranoOUSD (name - Serrano Elementary)
** Tweet your Eagle Pictures to @SerranoEagles and it will show up on our website
Our Twitter Handle has been changed - see new name
What's Coming Up in Week EIGHT?
- Book Fair
- Book Fair
- Foundation Meeting @ Serrano Staff Lounge, Tuesday 7:00p
- Mrs. Jones and Mrs. McLeary's Bday - CELEBRATION!
- Book Fair
- Dine Out with the Eagles Wednesday: A Pace Call will go out this week to let you know where the Dine Out Night is.
- Wednesday Snack Day: Snacks will be available for purchase to support the 6th Grade Fund.
- Book Fair
- Great Shake-Out 10:15-10:20 http://www.shakeout.org/
- Board of Education Meeting 7pm @ District Office
- Book Fair
- STEM Challenge Friday - the second school-wide STEM Challenge 11:30a
- Spirit Day Friday. We will be drawing for Spirit Day Friday this week, wear your Serrano shirts Eagles.
- ICE CREAM SALES FRIDAY: 5th Grade sells Ice Cream after lunch each Friday
A Message from PFO:
1. We are still looking for some traffic volunteers, we need some brave superheroes to help protect our students in our parking lot!
2. An opportunity to Recycle is NOW! Bring your bottles and cans every Wed morning at dropoff. No glass. Please place items in clear or white trash bag with room number on them. This is a class competition, money goes to PFO general fund to support new programs at Serrano. Email email@example.com
4. Our first Box Top Collection is Wednesday, October 21st. We cannot wait to see which class has the most box tops.
5. The Fall Carnival is right around the corner and we are excited to have a fun night as Eagles. Please contact your room mom or PFO if you are interested in supporting and if you have a donation that requires our tax-ID number, please contact the front office who will put you in contact with the right PFO rep.
Email questions to: Serranopfopresident@gmail.com
A Message from Serrano Foundation:
- Progress: iPads are in route from Apple to the OUSD District Office. They will arrive at the district, be set up for our individual teachers and then be picked up and brought to Serrano. PFO has purchased cases for these iPads and we will need some support to put the cases on all 120 iPads if anyone is interested in helping.
ALSO - FOUNDATION MEETING TUESDAY, OCTOBER 13th at 7:00p in the Serrano Staff Lounge. All are welcome and we will be talking about all of the fun stuff coming up for Serrano.
A Message from Serrano Dads:
BOOK FAIR IN THE LIBRARY THIS WEEK - CHECK IT OUT!
WALK TO SCHOOL WEDNESDAY
Friday, Oct. 30th, 5pm
17741 Serrano Avenue
Villa Park, CA
SCHOOL: Costumes will not allowed during school but rather we will be having an Orange and Black dress up day. Crazy hair and face paint will not be allowed but feel free to dress in your brightest Orange and Black to show your Halloween Spirit.
CARNIVAL: Costumes will be allowed at the Carnival as long as they follow school dress code, do not cover your face and no fake weapons allowed.
Looking forward to a safe and exciting Halloween Eagles.
SBAC Score Reports
Check out the page below if you have questions as to how to read the report you received:
Please also know, you can always ask your child's teacher or call Mrs. Pedroza should you have other assessment related questions.
If you have pictures, please email them to: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- The STEM Video above was created in 30 minutes with a FREE App called Perfect Video. It was simple to use, simple to get creative with and loaded, no problem, to YouTube
Students need to learn how to type. Here is the typing program students will use at school and one they can track progress at home and school.
STAY TUNED - Things to Come...
- Technology Integration Proposals
- School Plan for Serrano