North Pointe News
May 12, 2019
Hallway Monitors for State Testing
- All library books are due to the media center
- Marco's Night!
- State Testing for 4th-5th Grades: SC Ready, ELA
- State Testing for 3rd-5th Grades: SC Ready, Math
- State Testing for 4th-5th Grades: SC PASS, Science (4th) and Social Studies (5th)
- Spirit Day / Hat Day for students, $1 donation to Relay for Life
- Memorial Day Holiday
- Talent Show, 6:00 pm
- NewSpring Church
- Grace Church
- Chappelear & Associates Realtors
- McConnell Orthodontics
- Dominion Senior Living
A special thanks to Natalie McConnell, PTO Hospitality Chair, who went above and beyond to set up a meal every single day for teachers. They truly felt spoiled rotten!
A special thanks to each parent who came through the week to help us supervise students in the cafeteria while teachers ate with their teams.
I was overwhelmed with gratitude for all of the love shown to our staff!
And.... one more THANK YOU!
Once again, our parents showed out by volunteering to help over 200 students decorate cakes on Wednesday last week. Thank you all so much for giving of your time. I know many moms who loved receiving their cakes last week!
Awards Days 2019
*All awards celebrations will be held in the auditorium, except for 4K.
Thursday, May 30th
4K Holding Room (pick up/drop off location)
Friday, May 31st
Kindergarten - 8:30 am
Fifth Grade - 10:30 am
Monday, June 3 (1st and 4th grades)
Tuesday, June 4 (2nd and 3rd grades)
9:45 M. Brown
- If you need to make a change to your child's transportation, a parent must submit written notification to the teacher on or before that day. If you are changing transportation on the day of the change, you must submit a hard copy of the written notification, not by email to ensure the teacher is aware. If there is an emergency or late change, a parent must call and speak to the front office staff and will be asked to verify your identity. Only a child's custodial parent or guardian are allowed to make changes to transportation.
- Please be aware that your child's teacher is teaching all day, and may not be able to check email except during related arts time or before/after school. For this reason, please allow teachers 24 hours to return your email. If you have an emergency and need to speak with someone right away, please call the office staff at 260-5040 and we will be happy to help you.
- School is dismissed at 2:30. Teachers are teaching until 2:25. For this reason, we do not dismiss students after 2:00 from the front office. After 2:00 you must get in the car line to pick your child up. The exceptions to this rule are medical appointments or family emergencies. Parents who make the request to pick up after 2:00 for other reasons will need to speak with an administrator.
- Students may not be signed in or out by anyone under the age of 18.
- If you come through the car line after 2:50 you may be asked to come in to the office to sign your child out. There may be days we are later than 2:50 bringing students in depending on the activities happening after school and the number of students who are car riders. Just know that as a general rule, with the exception of safety patrol, you will be asked to come inside to sign your child out after 2:50.
- Office hours are from 7:30 - 3:00.