Vol. 8 , Issue 11; November 13, 2020
Upcoming School Schedule
Monday, November 23 AND Tuesday, November 24 - Parent/Teacher conferences - Half day for students on both days (10:22 a.m. release)
Wednesday-Friday, November 25-27 - Thanksgiving break (no school)
Wednesday, December 23-Friday, January 1 - Christmas break (no school)
Covid Positive Update
All students are expected to follow their normal schedules for class instruction. Monday is a "D" day and attendance will be taken for each class throughout the day. If your child has any questions or concerns, they should email their classroom teacher directly.
Adirondack Educational Facility News
Backpack Program- FREE Meals for the Weekends!
Submit Your FREE/REDUCED Meal Application Now!
Grab and Go Breakfasts- Our food service staff has "Grab and Go" breakfasts available at each entrance every morning. Students will be able to grab their breakfast choice and proceed to their 1st-period class.
Olympic Oval Skating Pass
Remote Learning Information
Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion
LPCSD invites interested people of all ages to join a work group on a diversity, equity and inclusion policy, sometimes referred to as a diversity policy. If you are interested in being part of this work group, please contact Board member Martha Spear at 518-946-7851 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ecumenical Food Collection Days: See below for more information.
Don't forget, a parent/guardian can volunteer along with their student and earn double the hours toward the graduation requirement. Please see Mrs. Patti McConvey for more volunteer opportunities and don't forget to fill out and hand in those volunteer forms!
Ecumenical Food Bank Information
- Several of the Lake Placid community service organizations have joined together to host monthly Ecumenical Food Bank Food Drives for the foreseeable future.
- Volunteers from the organizations will be available at the St. Agnes Church parking lot to receive food donations.
- The next collection date is Saturday, November 14 from 9 a.m. to noon.
- More information can be found in the Lake Placid Insider and the organizations' websites and Facebook pages. They include the Adirondack Community Church, Lake Placid School District, Lake Placid Synagogue, Lions Club, Rotary Club, and St. Agnes Parish.
- If you would like to join the effort please contact the Lake Placid Rotary Club via their website or email@example.com
Board of Education Meeting Dates 2020-21
The LPCSD Board of Education meets every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the MHS Library Media Center. Board members attend in person or via zoom from their homes.
- Any guests planning on attending must wear masks. Space is limited to 5 people (first come, first served).
- Board agenda documents will become live on Saturday before the meeting and can be found at: https://go.boarddocs.com/ny/lpcsd/Board.nsf/Public
- Anyone can submit comments for the Good of the Cause by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails will be read during the portion of the Good of the Cause.
- Board meetings are streamed live at: http://www.lpcsd.org/. Click on "live stream."
Upcoming meeting dates are as follows:
January 5, 2021
January 19, 2021