Cambridge High School
May 2, 2022
Thank a Cambridge Teacher
This week we will celebrate our teachers and their dedication to our students every day. Please take a moment to send us your appreciation for your student's teacher(s) and tell us how they made a difference in your child's education and life. Complete the form below, and we will share all words of support and appreciation with our teachers.
Congratulation Cambridge Math Team!
On Saturday, the Cambridge Math Team traveled to Macon, GA, to compete in the GCTM State Tournament. Invitations to this tournament are extended only to teams who displayed outstanding performance in tournaments earlier in the school year. As such, the Cambridge Math Team was competing against the very best math teams in the state. Cambridge was one of only two Fulton schools in attendance. The team finished 11th (out of 22 schools) and 2nd within their division. Individually, 12th grader Dmitry Demin finished 22nd overall, and 9th grader Tanav Prabhu finished 42nd overall. Also in attendance were 12th grader Disha Baglodi and 11th grader Rachel Bell.
AP Testing - May 2 - 13
The full schedule can be found here: 2022 AP Exam Calendar – AP Students | College Board
Details for testing:
- Testing will take place primarily in the Auxiliary Gym, with some small groups assigned to rooms in the building.
- All students will check-in at the Aux Gym.
- The morning administration report time is 7:30 a.m., afternoon administration report time is 11:30 a.m.
- Testing will begin promptly at 8:00 a.m. and/or 12:00 p.m.
- Students will need to provide their own pencils and pens (black or dark blue ink). No highlighters or other study materials are allowed.
- No electronic devices including but are not limited to cell phones, smartwatches, laptops, Bluetooth devices, portable listening or recording devices, MP3 players, cameras, tablets, or devices that transmit information electronically.
- Students are not allowed to leave until the testing session is dismissed.
- You must provide your own calculator for the following exams: Biology, Calculus AB/BC, Chemistry, Physics 1, Physics C, Environmental Science, and Statistics. We are not providing calculators to students.
During AP testing, we will be on a regular bell schedule; however, tells will not ring for class changes. Students should follow the regular bell schedule.
Due to AP testing the first two weeks of May, followed by the last two weeks of school, we will not accept pre-approved absence forms through the end of the school year. If you have an extreme circumstance, please contact your student's Assistant Principal directly. Further, there are no exemptions or pre-approved absences for the last days of school. All 9 - 11 graders are expected to attend school through to the last day (May 26). Again, extreme circumstances should be discussed directly with your student's Assistant Principal.
Yearbook Distribution and Sales
Starting today through Friday, yearbooks will be distributed during all lunch periods for grades 9-11. Seniors who missed the yearbook distribution on Wednesday, April 27th can also pick up their yearbooks during all lunch periods that same week.
We will also be selling a limited number of copies for a price of $100 and it must be cash only. This will be on a first come first serve basis during the week of May 2. If you have questions please contact Ms. Megon Garcia at email@example.com.
Sadie Hawkins Dance - Saturday, May 7
End of the Year Schedule
During this time, final work will be completed, and recovery and remediation will occur. Due to the importance of final tests and final opportunities for recovery and remediation, no pre-approved absences will be allowed during the final week of school.
End of the Year Collection
Please read the details below and note important dates for students to return their school-issued property. An email will be sent the week of April 11 to students and parents with the listed items currently checked out. Diplomas will be held for Seniors who have not returned all property and cleared any fines. Please contact Mrs. Ellison at firstname.lastname@example.org for textbook questions and Mrs. Morgan at MorganL1@fultonschools.org for all other inquiries.
Fulton County School requires that all school-issued devices be returned for summer cleaning this year. Cambridge will be collecting devices during lunches in the cafeteria on the following dates:
- Tuesday, May 3, for 9th & 12th-grade students
- Wednesday, May 4, for 10th & 12th-grade students
- Thursday, May 5, for 11th & 12th-grade students
Students will need to bring their device (Dell or Lenovo laptops and hot spots), chargers, and stylus (if provided) to school on their assigned day to return their device. Students attending summer school will be able to keep their school-issued devices.
Please complete the form below if your student will require his/her device for summer school. Verify Summer Enrollment
Textbooks, Library books, and Calculators
All other school-issued property will be due on Friday, May 13 for Seniors and Monday, May 16 for 9th – 11th-grade students. Library books and Calculators will be returned to the Media Center, and textbooks will be returned to the classroom teacher.
Senior Check Out
Senior Exit Survey and Final Transcripts (Counseling Check-Out) - Due May 5
Before seniors can graduate, there are two mandatory steps to be completed. Failure to complete the following steps will result in the senior not being cleared to walk at graduation, diploma being held, and/or colleges not getting the senior’s final transcript and jeopardizing final acceptance. The deadline for completing these two steps is May 5, 2022.
- Complete the Senior Exit Survey in Naviance. It includes a process for requesting the final transcript to be sent to the college(s) of your choice.
- Please fill out the Counseling Senior Checkout Form and submit it to the Counseling Office by May 5, 2022.
If you have any questions or need help, please contact your assigned counselor. The form can be found at Graduation and Seniors > Senior Check out.
Senior Check-out (Devices, Media Center items, and textbooks)
Seniors must complete a Senior Check-out Form to ensure that they have closed out any assignment with teachers, that textbooks have been returned to their teachers, and devices, library books, and calculators have been returned to the media center. This verification that a senior is clear with no outstanding fines is due May 13, 2022. Diplomas will be held for any senior who has outstanding fees or fines. Graduation and Seniors > Senior Check Out.
From the Counseling Department
Senior Scholarship Survey
If your senior has been offered scholarships, please let us know by filling out the Scholarship Survey in Naviance. Seniors should look under the tab Tasks Assigned to Me. List all scholarships, even the ones you did not accept as we need to know all scholarships offered to seniors. The deadline to complete this survey is Friday, May 13.
Dual Enrollment Transcripts
For seniors who participated in Dual Enrollment, they must request their final transcript from the Dual Enrollment College they attended and have it sent to the college they are attending after graduation. This is required to transfer the student's competed course to his/her college.
All college-bound seniors should fill out the Federal Application for Financial Aid. To complete the application, visit FAFSA.
Graduation Volunteers Needed
For more information and to volunteer, please see the sign-up form below. Thank you!
Senior Keepsake - Sponsored by the PTSA
If you would like to drop off letters from family and friends to be included in your graduate's Senior Post envelope, you may drop them off before May 12 at 915 Post Oak Close - porch drop-off. Envelopes will be assembled on May 12 and distributed on May 19 at graduation rehearsal.
Cambridge Senior Keepsake (Senior Letters or Senior Post) is an opportunity for close friends and family members to write a congratulatory note to your seniors that will be collected and presented in an envelope. Here’s what to expect:
- Ask family, friends, mentors, and clergy to write a note of congratulations to your senior
- Have them send the cards, notes, and letters to your home address attn: CHS Senior Keepsake
- Cards and letters should be 8.5”x11” or smaller
- Sentiments can be emailed and printed
- Faculty will be given an opportunity to write a note to seniors and drop them off in the mailroom at school.
- Envelopes will be handed out at Graduation rehearsals for your student to bring home for you to add family letters and printed emails.
- An opportunity will be provided for you to get the envelopes in advance if you want them a week before rehearsals.
If you have any questions, please contact Rebecca Meeker at email@example.com or 678-358-3113.
Baccalaureate (Parent sponsored)
Baccalaureate is a non-denominational, faith-based service of worship that celebrates graduating seniors.
Sunday, May 22, 2022, at 4:00 pm
13540 Highway 9 North
520 Laurel Oaks Ln
Milton, GA 30004,
or by Venmo to @Stephanie-Jack-8.
Class of 2023 - Senior Portraits
Attention seniors, parents, and guardians, it is now time to schedule your senior portraits through Cady! You must have your portrait taken by Cady to be in the yearbook. Take advantage of the limited-time promotion to receive a free scene when you schedule your session before the end of June.
Social and Emotional Resources - Home Connections
if you or someone you know is in crisis, please call the Georgia Crisis and Access Line at 1-800-715-4225, call 911.