- We will be STAAR testing on our campus this week. On Tuesday, March 28, fourth graders will take the writing test and fifth graders will take the math test. Fifth grade will take the reading test on Wednesday, March 29.
- The FIT Y.O.U.T.H. Fun Run is this weekend. You can find out more information below.
- March's lunch menu is here.
- Each Wednesday is College Day at the Intermediate. Students and teachers are encouraged to wear a t-shirt from their favorite university.
How to Help Your Child Be Ready for Testing
Testing season is upon us once again! Here are a few ways you can help your child do their best:
- Have your child do something active the night before a test. Riding a bike and playing outside are great stress relievers, and they have the added benefit of helping children get a good night's sleep. Which leads to our next tip...
- Make sure your child gets plenty of sleep on the nights leading up to a test. It's hard to stay focused for long periods of time if you are exhausted.
- Food is important! Eat a healthy meal the night before a test. Take the time for a well-balanced breakfast before school. Aim for breakfast foods that don't contain a lot of sugar.
- Send a healthy snack and bottle of water (no special containers please) with your child on testing day. We ask that snacks be non-sticky so that testing documents are not accidentally ruined.
- Remind your child that this test is not the end of the world. While it is important for children to do their best, the score they receive does not define who they are. Our children have so many gifts and abilities that standardized tests are simply unable to measure. As teachers we recognize this fact, and we want your children to know this too.
Fit Y.O.U.T.H. 1 Mile Fun Run
Fit-N-Wise is hosting a 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run on April 1. Students and parents who participate and select our school during registration will earn money for our campus! This Friday is the last day to register and guarantee a t-shirt. You can find more information and register online by clicking here.
Ways to Stay "In the Know"
At Paradise Intermediate we want parents to be a part of our team! Here are some ways you can stay up to date on what is going on at our school. We encourage you to find something that works for you and check back often. We are always up to something new and exciting, and we'd love for you to be a part of it! Find out more here.