LCMS Weekly Updates
By Tami Gunset
This time of year is really busy, so please make sure that you are encouraging your child to stay on top of grades and deadlines. It is helpful for parents to stay in communication with their child's teachers.
December 19, 2015 - January 4, 2016
Nurses Educating on Illegal Drugs & Synthetics (NEIDS)
Lubbock-Cooper is proud to host University Medical Center’s Nurses Educating on Illegal Drugs & Synthetics (NEIDS) in order to educate our community about the dangers of synthetic marijuana and other illegal drugs. NEIDS is an outreach group of registered nurses that believes synthetic marijuana and other illegal drugs kill and harm too many, especially teenagers who do not understand the dangers of these types of drugs. LCMS students will receive this presentation Friday, December 18 from 10:30-11:30AM.
For more information, please visit www.umcneids.com
UIL Theater Production Students
- Best Tech Crew
- Best Actor - Cody Sechrist
- All-Star Cast - Hope Flournoy
- Honorable Mention All-Star Cast - Kinsey Cudnoski, Whitley Walker, Stevi Scholz, Keegan Dorris
December Pirates of the Month
Lubbock-Cooper Middle School student publishes her first book!
Preorder the first children’s book by brand new author, Brynnan Brooks, and illustrator, Kristie Biro. Zinnia’s Laugh is the tale of a Native American princess whose BIG laugh is causing BIG trouble!
You can purchase Zinnia’s Laugh as a book or downloadable e-book.
Black and white copies are also available for kids to color.
About the Author
Brynnan Brooks is a 7th grader at Lubbock-Cooper Middle School. While this is her first children’s book, it is not her first story. She loves to write and does so whenever she has spare time. Brynnan also enjoys music (piano, drums, and euphonium), sports (softball and volleyball), crafting, and church activities.
Proceeds from the sale of this book will go towards the cost of an educational trip she is taking this summer to Washington D.C. and New York City. Be sure to share the links to this book with a friend.
About the Illustrator
Kristie Biro is 15 years old and resides in Brantford, Ontario, Canada. She enjoys karate, music, art, and horseback riding.
Zinnia's Laugh is available for pre-order at www.chaplainpublishing.com/product/zinnias-laugh
Helping our VERY OWN during the Holidays!
The LCMS PTO is very excited to announce their newest fundraising event:
Duct Tape the Principal to the Wall
LCMS staff, students, and parents will have the opportunity to duct tape the amazing LCMS Principal, Mrs. Gunset, to a wall of the school. The PTO will be selling duct tape in one-yard strips. Staff, students, and parents will have the opportunity to place the duct tape strip on the Principal. We hope that enough duct tape strips will be placed on the Principal so that she will be suspended above the ground on a wall of the school.
The PTO’s goal is to raise $1,200.00 to purchase Christmas Day Meals for families in need at LCMS.
Next Two Week Calendar Events
• Monday, December 14 - Semester Reviews (All Day)
• Monday, December 14 - Girls Basketball vs Heritage @ Heritage (5:30pm/6:30pm)
• Monday, December 14 - Boys Basketball vs Heritage @ LC High School (6:00pm/7:00pm)
• Tuesday, December 15 - Semester Reviews (All Day)
• Tuesday, December 15 - Choir Christmas Concert @ PAC (6pm)
• Wednesday, December 16 - Semester Test (All Day)
• Thursday, December 17 - Semester Test (All Day)
• Friday, December 18 - Noon Dismissal
• Friday, December 18 - Semester Test (AM Only)
• Friday, December 18 - Nurses Educating on Illegal Drugs & Synthetics (NEIDS) (10:30am)
Attendance Reminders for LCMS:
- School begins at 8:00 AM.
- First bell rings at 7:55 AM.
- Tardy bell rings at 8:00 AM.
- Any arrivals after 8:20 AM are counted as an absence for 1st/9th period.
- If your student is ill, please call in by 10:00 AM. The attendance line phone number is (806) 863-7184 (Sally Aguilar) – it is important to call the attendance line rather than the main line to report an absence.
- Students are allowed up to seven days excused with a parent phone call or parent note.
- After a student's seventh absence, a doctor’s note is required.
- Students are allowed one personal day per year (counted as an excused absence.) Written notice must be approved by campus principal three days prior to the absence. Please keep in mind that the personal day must be taken before the student's seventh absence.
| || |
Parent Organization Facebook Page