"The Word" at Wallace Gregg
Week of August 22, 2021
September 1, 2021
Quarter 1 Interim Reports Issued
September 3, 2021
Spirit Day - All staff and students are encouraged to wear blue, grey, white and yellow
Student Work is a Focus at Wallace Gregg Elementary
Using a Rubric
In PLC, teachers used a rubric to score students' work from the Picture of the Day strategy.
During Picture of the Day, students are expected to write three observations of what they actually "see" in the picture.
During Picture of the Day, students are expected to write three inferences about what they "think" they see or is taking place in the picture.
Using a Rubric
More Student Work...The Very Hungry Caterpillar - Ms. Hopkins' First Grade Class Writes the Beginning, Middle and End
Wallace Gregg Elementary is Taking Steps to Prevent The Spread of COVID-19
Chartwells Brings Snacks to Wallace Gregg Elementary
Stay Connected through Facebook
Please join/like our Facebook page!
School Dismissal Manager
Wallace Gregg Elementary
Welcome to School Dismissal Manager! Using School Dismissal Manager with your desktop or smartphone browser, you can quickly and easily update instructions when your child's dismissal needs to be changed. School Dismissal Manager notifies the school of your updates so that, effective today, it is no longer necessary for you to phone the school, send notes, or send an email to inform the school of dismissal changes.
The easy-to-use mobile and desktop interface will allow you to make these changes in advance or for the current day. You can also report absences, early dismissals, and even schedule recurring dismissal instructions. Free apps are also available for Android and iPhone users.
We have already assigned your child a ''default'' dismissal which is their routine dismissal and is based on the information we currently have. Examples include: Bus #, or Car Rider.
Once you login, please check your child's default transportation and make sure it is listed correctly. If not, from the desktop interface, select the green Set/View Default button or from the app, select Default Dismissals from the menu dropdown to set your child's appropriate default dismissal.
When creating an exception for the current day, please note that the cut-off time is 1:30pm on regular days and 10:30am on early release days.
Here are a few Fast Facts that you will need to know for getting started:
- The Apps are no longer available in the App Stores. New/Incoming parents will need to add the SDM App to a smartphone, tablet, or web browser via the link included in this sentence. The app is compatible with Android and Apple devices. IMPORTANT: Returning parents need to UNINSTALL last year’s App before installing the new App.
- New parents have been issued a username and temporary password at the top of this email. Returning parents can use their existing parent login credentials. Please use these to login to SDM at www.schooldismissalmanager.com.
- The Parent Login area is found at the top right of the SDM homepage.
- When you login for the first time, you will be required to change your password.
- Please refer to the Parent Guide for Creating Exceptions for details on how to use the system.
- As you begin to use School Dismissal Manager, if you have questions, please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) link found in the Parent login area at the top of the SDM homepage. Here, you will find answers to the most commonly asked questions. If your question remains unanswered after checking here, please contact the school office and we will be happy to assist you further.
- When you start to receive the email notifications of changes or cancellations that are made for your child, please keep in mind that hitting Reply or Reply All on those emails does not reply to the school. If you need to respond to a notification (i.e., to inform the school it is incorrect, provide additional details, etc.) please call the school directly and talk with someone in the office.
- Do not use the Recurring Dismissal feature to put in your child's ''default'' dismissal.
- Each school day, School Dismissal Manager will send a dismissal report to the school immediately after 1:30pm, allowing staff to facilitate a smooth dismissal.
Thank you for using this tool to help us keep the dismissal process safe and orderly for all our students. Please contact our office if you have any questions or concerns.
Tara King/ Principal
What is Title I?
Title provides financial assistance to schools with high numbers or high percentages of children from low-income families to help ensure that all children meet challenging state academic standards. If a Title I school is operating a targeted assistance program, the school provides Title I services to children who are failing, or most at risk of failing, to meet challenging State academic standards. Schools in which children from low-income families make up at least 40 percent of enrollment are eligible to use Title I funds to operate schoolwide programs that serve all children in the school in order to raise the achievement of the lowest-achieving students.
This information was found at https://www2.ed.gov/programs/titleiparta/index.html.
Next on "The Word"
Meet the New School Based Therapist
Lexia and Dreambox Expectations
APT: Get Involved