The Generals' Update
Your guide to DDE events & announcements: 11/15/2020
Parent/Teacher Conferences November 20 - 24, 2020
There is still time to schedule conferences through your Genesis Parent Portal. Deadline to do so is Thursday, November 19th.
Use the following link for directions to schedule conferences on Genesis:
Use the following link for directions on attending your scheduled virtual Parent/Teacher Conferences:
8th Grade Graduation~Important Information
A form is ready for you to complete on the Genesis parent portal indicating how you would like your child's name to appear on his/her diploma. Please follow these instructions:
- Log on to your Genesis Parent Portal account for your 8th grade student.
- Click on the "Forms" tab.
- Choose the form entitled "Student Name for Diplomas."
- Once in the form follow the instructions to complete.
Please note, once the form is submitted, you cannot go back and make changes. Diplomas will be ordered based on the information you provide.
DEADLINE TO COMPLETE THE FORM IS WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 25, 2020. If we do not receive a completed form for your child by November 25th, we will use his/her first and last name as listed in GENESIS.
We will once again be using Kilbourne & Kilbourne for our graduation gowns. Order form can be found here: https://bit.ly/35uATy8. Please review the following information regarding graduation gowns:
- Gowns are sold in units, each consisting of a Gown and 2021 Tassel. The cost is $20.15 per unit.
- Additional Keepsake Tassels are available at $8.75 each.
- The district does not use graduation caps.
- If you plan for your child to use a sibling's gown, please complete the form indicating your plan at the bottom of the form.
- Gown orders are due by December 4, 2020.
- Students should turn in their orders and payment to their homeroom teachers.
- Virtual Students: There will be a drop box for gown orders at the main entrance, or orders may be mailed to the school at Eisenhower Middle School, 279 Burlington Road, Freehold, NJ 07728, ATTN: Linda DiStasi.
Information for 8th Grade Students
- Please visit the FRHSD Magnet Site for all information: https://bit.ly/3jotoO7
Monmouth County Vocational School District Information Sessions are now available online Please visit https://www.mcvsd.org/admissions/information-sessions-open-house/
There are 3 sections to the remote information session:
- MCVSD Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent message
- View the Video for the school you are interested in
- View the Admissions Video
- Submit the Google Form: This will serve as documentation you viewed the video for the school you are applying to
Applicants will be required to watch the remote information session in order to apply. Remote information sessions will be available November 1 – December 4, 2020.
The application can also be found on the same page or on the MCVSD Home Page at www.mcvsd.org.
Please use the following link to reserve your copy: https://bit.ly/2SWiAuL
- To report your child absent if he/ she is neither well enough to come to school nor attend school virtually.
- If your child is not feeling well, and he/she is scheduled to attend school in person, please keep your child home. He/she may still access school virtually and be marked present for the school day. However, you must call the attendance line to let us know.
- Welcome Letter: https://bit.ly/35kW7io
- Membership Form: https://bit.ly/2F7xPxU
- Committee Descriptions: https://bit.ly/2Fe0tgl
- Parent Volunteer Form: https://bit.ly/3ieuFXd
- Next PTO Meeting: Monday, December 7, 2020 @ 6:30pm via Zoom
- Save the Date! The 5th Annual Pocketbook Bingo & Gift Auction will be held on Friday, April 23, 2021!
Just a reminder:
- Please be sure chrombooks are charged and ready each day.
- Don't forget your headphones to be used during your Related Arts classes!
Mark Your Calendar!
- Tuesday, November 17, 2020: Board of Education Meeting @ 7:30 pm via Zoom
- Friday, November 20, 2020 to Tuesday, November 24, 2020: Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Thursday, November 26 & 27, 2020: No School. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Monday, December 7, 2020: Virtual PTO Meeting @ 6:30pm via Zoom