Cocaine is no game
By Tyrees Mills
Don't Do Drugs
Cocaine is one of the most addictive drugs of all. It comes from south America. It fills you with energy for a short time;it also increases your heart rate and blood pressure. when you take the drug it has short term and long term effects .The short term makes you have a loss of appetite,it makes you hallucinate,and makes you depressed. The long term effects are permanent damage to your brain,serve weight problems,and serve tooth decay.
- One out of four Americans between the ages of 26 and 34 admit to using cocaine at some point in their lives.
- 15,000 Americans die every year due to cocaine use and complications that result.
- 300,000 infants in 1988 (the last report available) were born with cocaine addiction due to their mother’s drug use.
- Under federal law, a person with no prior federal or state convictions of possession of any narcotic who is convicted of a first offense of cocaine possession may be sentenced to not more than one year in prison, fined not less than $1,000, or both.
- A person convicted of cocaine possession after a prior conviction of possession of cocaine or any other narcotic in either federal or state court may be sentenced to not less than 15 days and not more than two years in prison, fined not less than $2,500, or both.
- Two or more prior convictions of possession of any narcotic in federal or state court may lead to a sentence of not less than 90 days in prison, a fine of not less than $5,000, or both.