Friday, April 29
Notes and Reminders
- Saturday, April 30: All School Community Gathering 8:30 - 10:00 (see below for details)
- May 2 - May 6 Staff Appreciation Week
- Friday, May 6: Beye Bolt Fun Run (see when your child is running; come cheer them on)
- May 9-20: Spring MAP testing window
- Friday, May 27 Olympic Day (Details will be coming)
- Friday, June 3: All School Picnic Celebration (Details will be coming)
- Thank you to the PTO for sponsoring the Talent Show! We loved seeing the students' performances. There was such joy on their faces. It was the best having people here to watch the performance or view it from home.
- Thank you to Meghan Eubeler and Chainé Hasso for leading the Talent Show!
- Thank you to all of the students who performed, acted as Masters of Ceremonies, or were part of the stage crew.
- Thank you to the Beye Green Team for coming out Friday to help with the Arbor Day celebration. Our 2nd graders learned from David Kusnierz, a SavaTree Arborist. They even went home with trees to plant.
Join us Saturday, April 30 for All Beye School Community Meet - Up
When: Saturday, April 30th
What time: 8:30am to 10:00 a.m.
Where: Beye School Deck and Playground
Why: Learn what the PTO has accomplished this year and has planned for the remainder of the year. Connect with others.
Come as you are and drop-in at whatever time works best for you! Enjoy delicious coffee while mingling with other Beye families and staff. Bring your own snacks, please.
Creative Benefit at OPPL, This Sunday May 1st, 1-4pm
By Discovery and The Beye PTO Host a Creative Benefit This Sunday, May 1st, to Support Ukrainian Families!
Please join us at the Oak Park Main Library, 1st Floor, west of entrance, anytime between 1 and 4pm for:
1. An impressive art exhibit by By Discovery students to aid Ukrainian families
2. A moving presentation by Ukrainian-American Artist Elena Diadenko - a prodigious painter of culturally inspired art (scheduled for 2PM)
3. A creative activity sponsored by the Beye PTO in support of Ukrainian families
4. A yummy treat of yellow and blue sugar cookies, generously donated by Courageous Bakery, 736 Lake Street!!!
How the benefit works:
1. Anyone visiting the event with a donation receipt dated May 1st to a non-profit organization providing humanitarian aid to Ukrainians may take home an artwork of their choice created by By Discovery students. This includes watercolor paintings, clay doves (low relief), string/rubber band art, and small Model Magic creations.
2. Participate in a creative activity sponsored by the Beye PTO: During the benefit, create a "make and take" Model Magic pendant to show your support for Ukrainian families!
Volunteers are appreciated to help with the creative activity at the event (no experience necessary, just a love for making)! Please visit HERE to sign up!!!
1. Donors may take their artwork when they leave the event - they do not need to remain at the event until 4pm.
2. We would love an idea of how many families will attend the event and approximately what time. Please take a few seconds to add your name HERE.
Questions? Please email email@example.com
Bobcat Bolt Fun Run - Help us Achieve our Goal
There’s still time to register your Bobcat for the Bobcat Bolt Fun Run! This fun event will be held during school hours on Friday, May 6. We’ll be promoting exercise and fun while also raising money for the Beye School PTO.
So far, we’re about 20% of the way to our goal of $15,000. The PTO uses these funds to benefit every single Beye student. Here are some ways we plan to use these funds:
$2,900 for new gym equipment that is safer and more easily adaptable for all students, as well as being quieter and less disruptive to nearby classrooms.
$2,600 to update the nonfiction section of the school library. The library renovation resulted in many outdated and damaged books being discarded from the library, and now many nonfiction books must be borrowed from other D97 schools.
$4,000 to pay for buses for student field trips.
$3,000 for our One Book, One School program, providing every family in the school with a copy of Wishtree.
Additional funds can be used to fill teacher requests for classroom supplies like: online subscriptions; owl pellets for dissection; classroom rugs large enough for social distancing; Magnatiles and other manipulatives; student incentives; and many other things.
To learn more, including signup information, take a look at the flyer attached to this email. Signup is at getmovinfundhub.com; school Identifier: 6231cfe597ac7
We look forward to a fun event!
(See below for more details.)
Registration Information for 2022-23
Registration Information for 2022-23 School Year in D97
Online registration for the 2022-23 school year in District 97 will officially launch for all students on Monday, May 2!
This year, the registration window will be open May 2 through July 1 for ALL students—returning, new and kindergarten.
The parent/guardian listed as PG1 in PowerSchool will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with their student’s snapcode and instructions to register. Emails will be sent on Monday, May 2, 2022.
Complete details can be found at https://www.op97.org/hr/returning-student-registration.
New Students and Kindergarteners
This year, we have streamlined the process for registering kindergarteners and new students to make it easier for families. Registration can be completed entirely online—no appointments necessary!
- First, gather all required documents. Click here for the list >
- Next, you will need to create an account in InfoSnap.
- Continue in InfoSnap by completing the online registration forms and uploading all your documents. Once you’re finished just click submit.
Please click the links below to learn more about the registration process for kindergarteners and new students.
Remember that the "ABCs" of registration are "D-E-F."
- D - Documents: All required documents must be scanned and ready to upload before starting registration.
- E - Early: Registration is a detailed process and we ask that families register early!
- F - Finish: Registration is finished once you receive a confirmation email from the district.
CLICK HERE for a brief video that outlines the District 97 registration process!
Detailed information about the registration process is available on the district website at https://www.op97.org/hr/student-registration. If you are in need of translation or interpretation services, please email email@example.com or call 708-524-3000.
Has a D97 Teacher Made a Positive Impact on Your Student or Family This Year?
Help us say "thank you!" District 97 will be sharing stories to honor teachers who are making an impact during Teacher Appreciation Week, May 2-8. Next week, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @OakPark97 using the hashtags #MyD97 and #OakPark97 to share a positive story or appreciation for your favorite District 97 teacher. Photos, videos, drawings and creativity encouraged!
West Cook YMCA Offering Complimentary Sessions for Access to Swim Program
In Case you Missed It
OPRF Summer Sports Camps - Registration Opens April 25
District 97 students are invited to participate in Huskie Sports Camps this summer! Registration opens Monday, April 25, at 10 a.m. CLICK HERE for the program flyer >
Support the Oak Park Education Foundation
Calling all Beye students! Sign up today for the Bobcat Bolt Fun Run!
Through this fun run, to be held during school hours on Friday, May 6, we will promote exercise and fun while raising money for our school.
See full flyer that was included in the email highlighting the Bobcat Blog last week.
· Our goal is to have 100% of all students registered online! It’s easy, FREE, and takes few quick minutes!
· Each student is encouraged to raise $50, but there is no fundraising requirement and registration is free.
· There will be AWESOME & FUN INCENTIVES for the grade with the most participation!!
OUR TOTAL SCHOOL GOAL is $15,000.00
Your donation to Beye School PTO, as a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) charitable organization, is 100% tax deductible and will only be used for activities that further the charitable mission of the PTO.
Calling all Beye students! Sign up today for the Bobcat Bolt Fun Run!
A fun and healthy way to raise money for the students of
William Beye Elementary
· Event Date: Friday, 05/06/2022
- Final Donation due date: 05/12/2022 11:59 PM
o Donations in the form of cash & checks (in-school donations), should be turned in to the school.
o Please make checks payable to: Beye School PTO
Through this fun run, to be held during school hours on Friday, May 6, we will promote exercise and fun while raising money for our school. Please help us reach our fundraising goal by supporting the Bobcat Bolt 2022. We have teamed up with Get Movin’© to make this event fun and profitable with online mobile friendly technology!
William Beye Elementary is raising money to support student field trips, teacher resources, classroom
enhancements and technology upgrades in the coming year. Signing up is easy—just scan the QR code below, or visit getmovinfundhub.com today!
Follow these 3 Simple Steps to get to goal fast!
2. Make an online donation using the red Donate button right away
3. Share with friends and family, they want to help!
· Send 10-15 emails and/or text messages
· Post Facebook or Twitter
· Help your child reach their goal in 24/48 hours
District 97 Resumed Hot Lunch on April 11 - Menus Now Available
District 97 to Resume Hot Lunch on April 11 - Menus Now Available
Beginning Monday, April 11, all District 97 schools will resume serving hot lunch. The new menus and nutritional information are linked below.
- Breakfast Menu (Brooks, Irving, Julian, Lincoln, Longfellow)
- Breakfast Menu (Beye, Hatch, Holmes, Mann, Whittier)
- Hot Lunch Menu (3-Week Cycle)
- Hot Breakfast/Lunch Nutritional Information
- Meals brought from home must be nut-free.
- Lunch will continue to be served at no cost to families.
Information about Acceleration Opportunities in District 97
District 97 believes that all students should be challenged and supported to develop to their maximum potential. For students who demonstrate they may benefit from accelerated placement, we provide opportunities to participate in an instructional setting that is usually reserved for students who are older or in higher grades than the child. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Single subject acceleration
- Whole grade acceleration
In accordance with the Illinois Accelerated Placement Act, District 97 has continued to refine procedures to ensure equitable access to acceleration opportunities for all students. New this year: all students who are grade eligible to take the Illinois Assessment for Readiness (IAR) must participate in the assessment in order to be deemed eligible for acceleration. The IAR is a critically important measure in determining the mastery of grade level standards and must be considered by the school team along with other sources of data.
Referrals for single-subject and whole-grade acceleration will be accepted from March 1 to May 15 of each school year. The general process is outlined HERE.
Information about the District 97 Accelerated Placement Program, including definitions and timelines, can be found at http://www.op97.org/acceleration. We will send additional communication to families as we near the opening of our referral and application windows next year. This information session will provide an avenue for families to share questions as well as receive information about the acceleration process. Please find additional information in the information session flyer.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us by visiting our Let’s Talk page (bit.ly/D97LetsTalk) and clicking the button labeled “Acceleration.”