Do we have you updated contact information on file?
With the uncertainty of the pandemic upon us, we are using our school messenger system as the main instrument for communication to all parents. To keep you in the loop with updated information from Kahla Middle School and the District Office, please let us know if your phone number and/or email address has changed.
You can do this 3 ways:
- Call the Kahla Front office;
- Update your contact information via the Home Access Center using your parent login information;
- Send an email to Kahla@cfisd.net with student name, Id # and what information needs to be updated.
PBIS Holiday Silent Auction
Recently our Staff and Administration participated in a Holiday Silent Auction put on by the PBIS Committee with a goal to raise money for Student and Staff incentives.
There were a few wreaths made by Dolores Frayler (our AMAZING Principal’s Secretary) and our Magellan Cooler was filled with goodies by our Staff Incentives Committee.
The auction ran for about a week and raised almost $400!
Congratulations to the winners Mr. Barnes, Mr. Maddox, Ms. Maclin and Mrs. Jobe!
Remote Learning Day Plan for December 11th & January 15th
On-Campus Learning students (who will be learning from home on these days) will:
• Receive paper packets and assignments to be completed and turned in.
• Do not need devices (Chromebooks, laptops, internet) in order to complete the assignments.
• Have attendance taken by showing evidence of completing assignments.
CFISD Connect students (who will remain at home) will:
• Learn through pre-recorded lessons and posted assignments.
• Not have check-ins by their teachers or participate in live instruction.
• Have attendance taken by showing evidence of completing assignments and/or logging into Schoology.
Please contact your campus directly if there is a need to request on-campus learning at school for a student in Pre-K through 8th grade on these designated remote learning days from home.
All schools and facilities will be closed Dec. 21st- Jan. 1st for Winter break. Face to Face and remote learning instruction will resume on January 4th.
Workday Wellness from The Counseling Department
8 Dimensions of Wellness
Wellness is more than just physical health—it is more than diet, exercise and nutrition. Wellness is a holistic approach that consists of the integration of our physical, mental, and spiritual well-being. When we bring health into the 8 dimensions of wellness, we are living our best life. It is more about living life fully and finding balance in our day to day activities. If one is unhappy and seeking change, it is important to become self-aware of who you are and create routines that help nourish your mind, body, and spirit. Being well is not a one-day fix, it is a lifestyle.
Remote Learning Etiquette Expectations
Connect with Kahla Middle School
Home Access Center allows access to a student's various information, including schedule, assignments, scores and attendance.
Make sure you “like” our page so you can continue to get information throughout the year!
Find the Kahla Website at www.cfisd.net >SCHOOL & FACILITIES>Middle Schools> Kahla Middle School. Once you see the Knight, you know you are on the right page. Browse the website and become familiar with its resources. Get to know our Administrative team under ABOUT US. See important information under PARENTS & STUDENTS>Back to School Information. We have information for parents sorted into 4 categories;
- General Campus Information