August 22, 2016
Thank you for a great week!
From what I heard, Open House was a great success(Unfortunately, I was out ill and had to miss it). Nonetheless, I received many positive comments from parents about you and about our school. Thank you for all that you do to make our school such a great place for our parents and students.
It was also fantastic to be able to get into classrooms and to see the wonderful things that you were doing with your students. Keep up the great work!
The week ended with Fun Friday in the Commons and a wonderful night under the lights for our first football game of the year. Thanks to the many staff members who came. The band, cheerleaders, Knightline, and the student section were excellent. They definitely created the ideal environment for our Knights to defeat Northwest House Springs 54-26.
Thank you for all that you do to make FHN a great place to work and learn! Enjoy your week!
5 QUICK FACTS
1. I am married to my beautiful wife, Tiffany, who I met at a dork conference(math and science). Joe Brocksmith, remember that?
2. Tiffany and I were blessed to adopt our daughter,Evelyn, in April of 2012 from St. Louis.
3. I enjoy watching Chicago Cubs baseball, and I hope to see a World Series Championship in my life time.
4. I graduated from Ball State University.
5. My family is going to Disney World in October.
Ryan Johnson you are up.
Attached is our new counseling pass. Options give teachers more information about when we need to see students. Passes are color coded per counselor and secretary. I couldn’t figure out how to rotate the pic.
Harassment/Bully Prevention lesson is August 24 & 25 for all freshmen through US History.
KUTO – August 29 all Health classes and 9th grade students that took health online over the summer will be pulled in for this important lesson.
Counselors appreciate your patience with schedules changes.
PD Committee met on August 18th and discussed plans for the upcoming faculty meeting, 1/2 District PD Day and 1/2 Building PD Day. Our CITW trainers were able to conduct some walkthroughs to gather information on what next steps they need to take. Amy Stoker, Anne McPartland and Marissa Cohen's time are greatly appreciated.
Our 1st Fun Friday was a huge success thanks to the FHN Band, Knightline and the Cheerleaders! Thank you to all staff members who came by to check it out.
The first Attendance Committee meeting is Thursday, August 25 after school in the LC. We have 17 staff members who have agreed to be Attendance Allies this year. We are still looking for 3-8 more. For those who have signed up, more information will be coming after the first attendance committee meeting. Thanks.
We currently have about 93% of our students attending 90% of the time.
Click on the link below for a brief article on 6 strategies to help you get to know your students:
FHSD is calling all Tech-Athletes to participate in the 2016 FHSD Tech Games. From Aug. 12-Sept. 30, teachers can earn FHSD 2016 Tech Games medals by choosing to participate in tech integration activities that strengthen teaching and learning. There are 18 different activities to choose from in five different categories. Teachers can earn multiple medals by completing multiple activities. Click on the link below for more info.
2016-2017 Staff Commitments to the Learning Environment
In order to improve the climate/environment at FHN, the staff commits to:
1. building positive relationships with students and staff members.
2. listening to the concerns of others and by helping to problem solve those issues.
3. helping students to see the relationship between effort and success.
4. being open-minded to new ideas.
5. addressing any inappropriate behavior immediately to help set an expectation of appropriate hallway and classroom behavior.
6. giving clear and consistent expectations for device use and by enforcing them.
7. counting tardies consistently.
Make-up Picture Day for Staff and Students
Monday, Aug. 22nd, 7:30-11:30am
2549 Hackmann Road
Saint Charles, MO
Lunch and Learn
Thursday, Aug. 25th, 10am-12:30pm
Mr. Riffee will be presenting on Flipped Classrooms. More information and the sign-up sheet will be coming soon.