Stoy Grade 5 - October 9
Upcoming Events, Due Dates, and Reminders:
*** DON"T FORGET TO SIGN UP FOR YOUR CHILD'S SEESAW ACCOUNT! You received information at Back to School Night!
Click here to sign up: https://app.seesaw.me/s/867-438-256
Monday, October 12 - Class Trip - Crystal Caves (7:45 - approximately 4:00)
See information below
Tuesday, October 13 - Individual and Class Picture Day
(We also do a Crazy Class Picture. Your children can bring in hats and sunglasses for this traditional event.)
Wednesday, October 14 - Student Council Pretzel Sale and Crazy Sock Day
Thursday, October 15 - Teacher Inservice (12:30 Dismissal)
Students should bring in a snack and drink on early dismissal days.
Thursday, October 22 - Spelling Test - Lesson 2 words
Parent Presentation on New Report Card Format
7 PM Media Center
Monday, October 26 - Parent Presentation on New Report Card Format
Tuesday, October 27 - FAMILY FUN NIGHT - Hotel Transylvania 2 @ Cinemark 6:30 PM
Forms are online and were sent home with students in today's folder!
Inside the Friday Folder:
Math Test Unit 1
Crystal Caves Trip Details and Information
Monday, Oct. 12th, 7:45am-4pm
963 Crystal Cave Road
· Please meet at STOY SCHOOL by 7:45 AM. (Use the entrance near the flagpole on Patton Avenue.) Do not arrive before 7:30 AM.
· The bus will leave promptly at 8:00 AM.
· Students should bring a bag lunch, drink, and snacks. We will eat lunch upon our arrival.
· Bring a small backpack or small cinch bag to carry your things.
· Souvenirs and snacks are also available for sale at the cave. If you are interested, bring along some extra spending money.
· We encourage the students to wear their SCHOOL SPIRIT WEAR for the trip.
· Temperature in the cave is always 52 degrees. Dress appropriately.
· Wear comfortable shoes, preferably sneakers. We will do a bit of walking and there is also a hiking trail if we have time.
· Check the weather that morning (Kutztown, PA is a good place to search for accurate weather near the cave.)
· Students may bring personal electronic devices, cell phones and cameras, at their parents’ discretion. (We are not responsible for lost, forgotten, or misplaced items.)
· It is each child’s responsibility to carry and keep track of their belongings.
· Students will be placed into two groups to tour the cave and to pan for gemstones. (Chaperones need to monitor their group and know where their members are at all time.)
· We will drop each class at their respective school at the end of the trip.
· PLEASE MAKE SURE SOMEONE WILL BE AT THE SCHOOL TO PICK UP YOUR CHILD! Please be there when the bus returns.
· Make sure your child has the cell phone number of whoever is picking them up from the trip. Students can text or call to let parents know our anticipated time of arrival.
· Parents driving separately should check the crystalcavepa.com website for accurate driving directions. Be aware that your GPS may not take you to the cave! Use the directions on their site, not the ones included in this newsletter.
· In case of emergency on the day of the trip, please contact your School’s Secretary. She will be able to get in touch with the teachers during the trip.
**If we are running late coming home, we will let the School Secretaries know. Students with phones will be asked to text or call parents.