Rock Creek News
Keeping up with the Redhawks! May 15, 2022
Dear Rock Creek Families,
We continue to have many fun activities lined up this week as we draw our school year to a close.
Please don't forget that Monday, May 16th is a minimum day. This week also brings us a 2nd-grade field trip and our dance performances.
Finally, we have a few safety reminders for our families during these last few weeks of school:
- Kindergarten families: It is imperative that you use the kindergarten lane for drop-off only. This means you may NOT leave your car to walk your child to the door. If you'd like to walk your child or help them out, please park in the parking lot or on the street. Parking and leaving your car is creating a backup into the street, making it hazardous for our students using the nearby crosswalk.
- Please refrain from making a U-Turn on the streets near our school. Again, this creates a hazardous condition for our other drivers as well as students and families using nearby crosswalks.
- Please do not use the bus lane on Collet Quarry as a student drop off lane. This lane is for buses only.
We couldn't be the great place we are without our incredible community and staff. Rock Creek is simply the best!
Bevin Graham, Principal
Week at a Glance
- Minimum Day: Dismissal is 12:10 for TK/K and 12:20 for 1-6
Tuesday, May 17th
- 2nd-Grade Field Trip to Hamburger Farm
Wednesday, May 18th
Thursday, May 19th
- Dance Performance #1: 1:30-2:20
Friday, May 20th
- Dance Performance #2: 1:30-2:20
Important Dates to Remember
- 5/16 Minimum Day
- 5/17 2nd-Grade Field Trip
- 5/19 Dance Show #1
- 5/20 Dance Show #2
- 5/27 6th-Grade Sunsplash
- 5/30 No School: Memorial Day
- 6/2 Last Day of School