The Paw Print Parent Newsletter
Klein High School, October 2018
The Principal's Message
Dear Klein High Parents and Students,
It is unbelievable that it is already October. I have had the opportunity to witness relationships form, excitement and engagement in and out of classrooms, and amazing Bearkat Pride on display throughout this semester! This year our focus continues to be on our three strategic priorities: Reimagine Learning, Build Community, and Cultivate Talent. From personalized learning opportunities, to various pathways, our teachers are working hard to ensure that every student enters with a promise and exits with a purpose.
In just a few short weeks our students and staff have modeled and embraced our Klein 5 Core values of Gratitude★Empathy★Integrity★Perseverance & ★Service through their behavior, language, and actions! On Saturday, October 27, 2018, our school will engage in the first ever, student developed and organized KleinServes, a school-wide day of service where Bearkats learn through service opportunities! Student sign up for this event is found on Schoology, with a sign up deadline of October 12.
On Wednesday, October 10, 2018, students in grade 9 will participate in the PSAT 8/9 and grades 10 and 11 in the College Board PSAT/NMSQT. There is no registration required for this test as the district is providing it to students during the school, free of charge! Additionally, this particular test serves as a National Merit Scholarship opportunity for all junior students. For testing day, please note the following:
KHS will provide calculators to all 10th & 11th grade students
Freshmen will need to provide their own calculators for the test (a calculator is not absolutely necessary to complete the test)
Seniors, although not participating in any PSAT testing, will not have late arrival that day and will be participating in an alternate activity
We will be on an altered bell schedule for the day, found here.
Please visit the College Testing page of the KHS website for further information!
In closing, it is with sincere gratitude that I thank you all for allowing me to serve as your principal. We are off to a great start and remember that, Together, We Make A Difference!
KLEIN HIGH SCHOOL ADMINISTRATION
- Mr. Johnnie Hayes: School Administration; 832-484-4102; firstname.lastname@example.org; Office 122
- Mr. Brandon Baker: Curriculum & Instruction; 832-484-4103; email@example.com; Office 110
Assistant Principals (Serves Students w/the Last Names, Number, Email, Office)
- Ms. Jaren Bollinger: Campus Testing Coordinator; 832-484-4110; firstname.lastname@example.org; Office 110
- Dr. Rene Malveaux: A-B; 832-484-4093; email@example.com; Office 250
- Mr. Blake Muskiet: C-E; 832-484-4101; firstname.lastname@example.org; Office 350
- Ms. Renee Miller: F-Hi; 832-484-4025; email@example.com; Office 225
- Ms. Melanie Bujnoch: Hj-L; 832-484-4107; firstname.lastname@example.org; Office 325
- Mr. Gary Brain: M-O; 832-484-4410; email@example.com; Office 627
- Ms. Alicia Eichhorn: P-Se; 832-484-4104; firstname.lastname@example.org; Office 450
- Ms. Sarah Deckard: Sf-Sp;832-484-4106; email@example.com; Office 105
- Ms. Charlene Davis-Norris: Sq-Z; 832-484-4042; firstname.lastname@example.org; Office 425
THE COUNSELOR'S CORNER
- Oct. 9th ~ College Visit ~Drake University / 8:30am /KHS Library
- Oct. 9th ~ College Night / 6:00pm - 8:00pm / Klein Collins HS
- Oct. 10th ~ PSAT / Grades 9, 10, 11
- Oct. 11th ~ College Visit ~McNeese State / 9:30am / KHS Library
- Oct. 13th ~ Credit Recovery / 8:00am – 12:00pm / Room 605
- Oct. 16th ~ College Visit ~ Houston Baptist University / 9:30 / KHS Library
- Oct. 17th ~ College Visit ~ Texas A & M University / 9:00 / KHS LGI
- Oct. 18th ~ United States Navy / 9:30 / KHS Library
- Oct. 22nd ~ College Visit ~ University of Houston - Downtown / 9:00 / KHS Library
- Oct. 22nd ~ College Visit ~ University of Connecticut / 10:00 / KHS Library
- Oct. 25th ~ College Visit ~ Texas Tech University / 9:00 / KHS Library
- Oct. 29th ~ College Visit ~ Kansas State University / 11:00 / KHS Library
- Oct. 26th ~ ASVAB Tesing / Grades 10, 11, 12 / Sign up in Schoology
- Oct. 29th ~ Parents Guide to Cyber Safety / 6:30pm - 7:30pm / KMPC ~ No children under 18 please!
- Oct. 30th ~ College Visit ~ University of Oklahoma / 9:00 / KHS Library
- Oct. 30th ~ FAFSA Night / 6:00pm - 8:00pm / KMPC
KLEIN HIGH SCHOOL COUNSELORS
Counselors (Serves Students w/the Last Names, Number, Email, Office)
- Ms. Traci Hageland: A-Ard (Lead Counselor); 832-484-4021; email@example.com; Office 127
- Mr. Jose Cardenas: Are - Chamb; 832-484-4022; firstname.lastname@example.org; Office 250
- Ms. Paula Georgiana: Champ - Fi; 832-484-4020; email@example.com; Office 127
- Ms. Gayla Zamora: Fl - Hern; 832-484-4095; firstname.lastname@example.org; Office 425
- Ms. Sue Weatherton: Hero - I; 832-484-4023; email@example.com; Office 325
- Ms. Claudia Harmon: J - Mak; 832-484-4171; firstname.lastname@example.org; Office 127
- Ms. Jennifer Lange: Mal - Nick; 832-484-4030; email@example.com; Office 250
- Ms. Meghan Studer: Nid - Rof; 832-484-4033; firstname.lastname@example.org; Office 450
- Ms. Stephanie Renfrow: Rog - Sw; 832-484-4006; email@example.com; Office 350
- Ms. Melissa Parish: Sy - Z; 832-484-4032; firstname.lastname@example.org; Office 425
- Ms. Dallas Bertasz: A-K; 832-484-4045; email@example.com; Office 127
- Ms. Dawn Kirk: L-Z; 832-484-4035; firstname.lastname@example.org; Office 127
- Ms. Cassandra Clevenger: K-Ri; 832-484-4158; email@example.com; Office 124
- Ms. Gina Hawkins: D-J; 832-484-4155; firstname.lastname@example.org; Office 124
- Ms. Katy Keener: A-C; 832-484-4162; email@example.com; Office 124
- Ms. Kimberly Lassinger: Rj-Z; 832-484-4161; firstname.lastname@example.org; Office 124
Ms. Judi Herold: 832-484-4123
Ms. Diana Case; 832-484-4036; email@example.com; Office 225
Fall Sports 2018
Message from Coach Zora:
KLEIN VOLLEYBALL WILL BE TAKING ON THE WOODLANDS HS OCTOBER 9TH AT HOME. COME WATCH YOUR STATE RANKED VARSITY TAKE ON STATE RANKED WOODLANDS HS. GAME TIMES 4:30 9A/JV AND 5:30 9B/VARSITY.
BEARKAT FINE ARTS
Dates/Info to Note:
Auditions for Legally Blonde, the musical are October 9th-12th. Details and applications can be found on Schoology. All Klein High students are welcome to audition!
Klein Idol/So you Think You Can Dance auditions:
CASH PRIZES! Watch Schoology for information about auditioning for Klein Idol and So You Think You Can Dance! Auditions will happen in Bearkat Den October 19-25. The contest will be November 29 at 7:00 pm. Look for the audition form on Schoology!
Do you enjoy listening to great music? Come out to see the award-winning Klein High School Orchestra Program at the KHS Fall Orchestra Concert. The performance will start at 6:30 pm in the Klein HS Performing Arts Center. Admission is FREE! We hope to see you there!
Join us for our Fall Concert of Thursday, October 11th at 7:00 pm. The concert is FREE and will take place in the KHS Auditorium.
Come one, Come All to a day of Service!
Mission and Goal of the B.E.S.T. organization:
Is to promote inclusion, encourage acceptance and inspire genuine friendships between students with and without intellectual and developmental disabilities. B.E.S.T. is committed to providing opportunities for creating peer connections and lasting friendships.
Upcoming Events and Activities:
October 11th: Membership Roundup and Hayride
November 9th: 4th Annual B.E.S.T. Variety Show and Silent Auction
December 14th: Family Potluck and game night
Check out our website at https://bestkleinhigh.weebly.com
JUST A REMINDER...
Please assist us in the handling of custody related issues. It is the responsibility of the parents to provide the principal a certified copy of the court order affecting any other person’s right to their children.
Parent Contact Information:
Also, please notify your child’s principal, nurse, and the Registrar’s office during the school year if any changes are to be made to the registration/enrollment card that you fill out the first week of school. It is important to update addresses, phone numbers and any other pertinent information that would affect the school notifying you in the event of an emergency. Please ensure you have updated email addresses and telephone numbers on file with registrar as this allows the school to communicate with you in the event of an emergency. Should you have any questions, please call Ms. Haddox at 832-484-4099.