"There's No Place Like Hooker Oak!"
Week of October 19th
Weekly LifeSkill: Integrity
Weekly Announcement Video
Hooker Oak Staff Spotlight
Jess Miley, Health Assistant
Hi, my name is Jess. I am the Health Assistant here at Hooker Oak. I have lived in Chico for about 25 years. I started with the school district about 2 yrs. ago. I have 4 children, 1 boy and 3 girls. I also have 2 standard poodles that are very spoiled!
I enjoy spending time with my family hiking upper park, gardening, and camping as often as possible. Exercising and outdoor activities are my favorite stress relievers. Summer is my favorite season. There is just so much to do and fun to be had!! I am not a fan of the cold weather; it’s harder to stay active when you have to be indoors, and it’s cold.
I am excited to see the kids that are coming back to school. It is going to make my heart happy to see their smiling faces and eyes light up when they get to see their friends and teachers.
Return to Learn
We are so excited to welcome our students back to in-person instruction on Monday, October 19th! Please familiarize yourself with all of the resources that have been sent home and make sure you and your child know where their drop-off/pick-up location is on campus. Here is a link to the AM/PM Bell Schedule that we will be following while we are in the Red Tier.
Masks are REQUIRED while on campus. If your child refuses to wear a mask, he/she will be sent home. We have masks available if your child forgets to bring one from home. If your child is not comfortable wearing a mask, please practice with them before Monday.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Butte County Public Health Guidelines so you know the steps to take if you, your child, or someone in your household is exposed to or tests positive for COVID. It is essential that we all follow these guidelines to help keep our class and school community healthy!
What happens if a student or staff member at Hooker Oak tests positive for COVID? Please see official protocol here.
CUSD Re-Opening Plan
Link to CUSD website: http://www.chicousd.org/
Family Resource Links
- CUSD Reopening Plan: http://www.chicousd.org/documents/COVID/Reopening%20Plan/Final%20School%20Reopening%20Plan.pdf
Additional Resource Links
- COVID-19 Resource Page: http://www.chicousd.org/News/Emergency-Info/COVID-19-Information/index.html
- Protocols for In-Person Instruction: http://www.chicousd.org/News/Emergency-Info/COVID-19-Information/Protocols/index.html
- Safety Protocols: http://www.chicousd.org/News/202021-Instructional-Models/Safety-Protocols/index.html
- Frequently Asked Questions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18gFEX3Lg5N30PTX0UM1sH6AEGrWa_wQlYKntDQi2wrc/edit
- 2020/21 Instruction Models: http://www.chicousd.org/News/202021-Instructional-Models/index.html
- Explanation of 2020/21 Instructional Models (Including Schedules): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AlHgZhUdtMH09MYAbxZUDBkwGQIhtCkb0dv6Szom6-w/edit
Video Resource Links
The Importance of Self-Care
During this time of uncertainty and fear, many of you are stepping up to help kids (your students and your own!), parents and others. As you busily help other, it is easy to forget about yourself. Collaborative Learning Solutions website has developed an infographic to help you remember that prioritizing self-care is not just a good idea, it is a must in times of crisis.
Download the Infographic for yourself:
Mental Health & Wellness Resources
With growing concerns regarding COVID-19, we know this is a time of great uncertainty for all of us and our communities. Chico Unified families can take full advantage of the tele-health and virtual therapy resources made available through our partner Care Solace.