Week of January 4, 2016
A Word from Ms. Haynes
We need to move with a renewed sense of purpose and direction, allowing data to drive our decisions and fuel our passion. Trust your professional judgment, seek help and assistance from your team, any member of the support team, or administration --- we are in this TOGETHER!
As we journey to hear Marcia Tate on Friday, let’s go with a commitment to come back and apply that knowledge within our classrooms to create engaging lessons for our students--making THEM passionate about learning. All teachers are expected to be in attendance unless you have spoken with administration. A choice of one of Ms. Tate's book will be ordered for everyone in attendance.
Have an AMAZING week!!!
From Good to GREAT....Hedgehog Concept
Yet one thing the hedgehog is very good at is defending itself. Like the hedgehog, you must find the one thing YOU are good at and do it well. This requires an assessment of three things:
Understand what YOU are TRULY passionate about in your line of work
- What drives you in the work you do?
- What inspires you about the purpose of Welleby Elementary?
- Do you subscribe to the vision and mission of Welleby Elementary?
Identify what we do better than anyone else
- What can we do better than the neighboring Sunrise schools?
- What academic area is our greatest strength?
- What academic area do we need more work on?
- What are YOUR strengths in the classroom/on your team?
- What can YOU do to move our organization forward?
Understand our "economic" engine
- What gives us the biggest bang for our buck?
- How can we generate success as measured by student achievement?
- Can we become a leading elementary school in Sunrise? in Broward?
- Do we have the vision and passion to follow through and do what it takes?
Once we look deeply at these three concepts, we need to find that overlapping area (think Venn Diagram) and it is this point that will be that central vision to guide our organization. But note...it all begins with PASSION--do you have the passion inside of you that is necessary to move Welleby to the next phase?