THE WEDNESDAY MESSAGE!
The Official Weekly of Salford Hills Elementary School
Highlights in this Issue of the Wednesday Message
Walk the Walls Announcement
Next Wednesday Message: November 30
Holiday Gift Shop Announcement
Kindness Rocks at SH
- Holiday Giving
Parent - Teacher Conferences
No School - November 21st through 25th
Home and School
- Home and School Volunteer Information
First in Math
- Dr. Gallagher's Superintendent's Corner
- Community Announcements
- Community Ed Winter Holiday Festivities
Reminder: No School November 21-November 25
Holiday Shop Thursday Dec 1- Friday Dec.2!
Students will spend up to 25 minutes doing a little holiday shopping with their class.
There will be a variety of gift items ranging in price from $0.25 to $10.00, with a majority under $5.00.
We also can’t have this event without volunteers and we only have about 50% of the spots filled - please consider signing up for one spot or more to help make this event a success!
with any questions or concerns.
Thanks so much!
Please check out your student's artwork during conferences.
- The Budding Imaginations Gallery has 3 new pieces and their artists' statements in the gym hallway.
- K1 has fall tree paintings in the gym hallway. All of kdg will have mini pumpkin sculptures to take home in their classrooms.
- 1st grade has paintings in the style of Piet Mondrian in first grade hallway.
- 2nd grade has sunflower paintings by the cafeteria entrance(21), bottom of the ramp(23) and gym hallway(22)
- Rm. 25 has color monsters in the gym hallway.
- 3rd grade has radial symmetry prints in the gym hallway
- 4th grade has fraktur in the gym hallway, by the nurse's office ,and near the circle.
- Room 45 has fall leaf paintings with wooly bear moth, cocoons and Isabella Tiger moths.
- 5th grade has clay plates in the showcase by gym and the classrooms.
Our students are really concentrating and showing their creativity!
Fourth Grade Students Mixing Intermediate Colors
Latest Newsletter from the National Association of Elementary School Principals
In the spirit of the holiday season, Salford Hills is accepting gift cards to be provided to families in need. All gift cards will be distributed to families in our school community. If you are interested in contributing to our holiday giving drive, please send gift cards to Salford Hills, addressed to Mrs. Seaman, school counselor. Gift cards must be turned in by MONDAY December 12th.
Gift card ideas include: Target, Walmart, Kohls, Amazon, etc.
Please fill out the following form to specify your interest in supporting Salford Hills families this holiday season! Thank you for your generosity!
Salford Hills Home and School Association (HSA) Volunteer Registration Form 2022-2023
Questions for Home and School?
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, you can reach out via email@example.com to contact all four board members: president (Heather Zeigler), vice-president (Lisa James), secretary (Desiree Bonkoski), treasurer (Trish May).
Weekly First in Math Results
And Congratulations to this First in Math Grand Champion!
Paying for Your Child's Lunch
2022-2023 School Calendar
Elementary CYCLE DAY Calendar
Superintendent's Corner, Fall 2022
Dear SASD Parent/Guardian,
Mother Nature’s autumn show has been incredibly vibrant this year, setting the backdrop for what’s been an exciting and busy season in the Souderton Area School District. Here’s a look at what’s been happening:
- We’ve seen record attendance at our Homecoming Football Game and Homecoming Dance, and as that energy fills our stadium and school, we are also preparing to celebrate a Souderton Area High School Football Anniversary. Our players will kick off their 100th Anniversary season next year. On November 2, 1923, Calvin Coolidge was just three months into his presidency, and a brand-new Chevy cost about $525. The Souderton High School Football Team got its only victory that year with a 50-0 win over North Wales High School. Since then, 12 different coaches have led the team onto the gridiron, with four posting overall winning records. Coaches Drew Darrah and Ed Gallagher each won more than 100 games, accounting for 54 combined seasons and nearly 75% of the victories in the school's history. This year, local legislators Senators Collette and Mensch, and Representatives Malagari and Pennycuick, joined us on the 50-yard line to celebrate this milestone and the many students who have played for our team over the last 99 years.
- We continued to honor our proud history this fall with the Souderton Area High School Hall of Fame Induction Dinner, an annual tradition begun by our Alumni Association in 1997. This year, engineer Dean Stoneback (Class of 1983) and attorney Jennifer Riley (Class of 1991) were inducted.
- Renovations are underway at Franconia Elementary School and Indian Valley Middle School as we continue to invest in our facilities, keeping our schools safe, modern, and efficient into the 21st century.
- Food Service provider Chartwells is staffed and busy serving healthy meals to students in all of our schools. In addition to a fresh new menu, they are also offering "Student Choice" days on which students taste test samples and vote on new menu additions.
- The Indian Valley Character Counts! Coalition recently hosted a Community Leadership Breakfast inviting students from each of our schools to represent their classmates. This organization works to prevent adolescent substance abuse and also promotes the 6 Pillars of Character: Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring, and Citizenship.
- The Indian Valley Education Foundation (IVEF) hosted The Big Red Cornament, A fun-filled day of competition by all ages on cornhole boards created by high school Technology Education students. Residents of the Peter Becker Community assisted in the design and creation of these beautiful boards.
We are looking forward to a celebration of arts in the Souderton Area School District. The High School Fall Play opens this week and begins what will surely be a season of entertainment from our students. Please check our Web site for dates and times of all of our winter concerts.
I hope you’re able to get out to enjoy these beautiful autumn days. Souderton spirit is strong – I can feel it in the air!
2022-2023 District Calendar
- 2022-2023 School Year Calendar: The 2022-2023 school year calendar was approved by the Souderton Area Board of School Directors on January 27, 2022. Use the following link to view the 2022-2023 School Year Calendar (PDF).
Salford Hills Website
Salford Hills Elementary School
Fundamentally committed to each other, we at Salford Hills are a caring community of learners who value each individual’s intrinsic worth and potential.
In our supportive environment, learners are encouraged to achieve high standards by developing responsibility for their learning through authentic experiences that require hard work, critical thinking and reflection.
Learning is a process that positively impacts the future.