Information for Pathfinder Families / March 10, 2023
Summer School 2023
Platte County School District is excited to announce that Summer School will be held June 1-29, 2023. All Platte County R-3 students are invited to attend and continue to grow as learners throughout the summer! The purpose of PCR-3’s Summer School Program is to provide an experience that is relevant, rigorous, and engaging, based on individual learner needs, in a safe and caring environment.
- Be looking for communication on K-8th grade summer school registration sometime in March.
- Incoming Kindergarten students will be able to complete summer school registration forms during Kindergarten Kickoffs on March 30.
- Information about enrolling in the High School summer school program will be available in April.
PLC: Teacher Learning
2023 Kindergarten Enrollment
Children who have turned five years of age before August 1, 2023, are eligible for kindergarten for the 2023-24 school year. Families are encouraged to view the 2023-24 attendance area boundary map linked here, or call the District office at 816-858-5420 for confirmation of attendance area.
If your family has an incoming kindergartner, please complete the following form. We will then send you additional information and an enrollment packet. Kindergarten Kickoffs will be hosted in each elementary on Thursday, March 30.
Pirate Parents & Volunteers
Pathfinder Elementary is excited to welcome back building-wide volunteers for the Spring 2023 semester! In addition to individual classroom volunteer opportunities that teachers may offer, Pathfinder will be offering half day volunteer opportunities for trusted adults in students’ lives. This might include moms, dads, grandparents, uncles, or aunts. Those that sign up for these building-wide opportunities will provide support in their child’s classroom, other classrooms in that grade level, Specials, Lunch, and Recess between the hours of 8:30 AM and 12:00 PM on the designated day. Please use this link to sign up for a day. Please note that all volunteers must be 18 years of age or older and must be verified contacts on a students' SIS portal. We also ask that volunteers select one day this Spring to volunteer, leaving spots for a variety of families to be able to do the same. Communication from the school will come in the week before your volunteer day!
PTA is also looking for volunteers to help on the Fun Run day! Below is the sign up genius for volunteers for the fun run on Friday March 17th - Thank you in advance! It is a very fun day!
March 6th-17th: APEX Fundraiser & Fun Run
Be on the lookout for the daily APEX newsletter that includes current standings, totals raised, and lesson recaps.
- Thursday, March 9th - APEX Lessons Begin! Lesson 1: Fearless
- Friday, March 10th - APEX Lesson 2: Adapt
- Monday, March 13th - APEX Lesson 3: Care
- Tuesday, March 14th - APEX Lesson 4: Talk 'Em Up
- Wednesday, March 15th - APEX Lesson 5: Original
- Thursday, March 16th - APEX Lesson 6: Realize
- Friday, March 17th - Fun Run Event Day!
2023 MAP Assessment - Coming in May
If you are interested in applying, please use the link below to apply for the "Paraprofessional 1 South Campus" vacancy on our website. Thank you!
Make Up Day Plans
With our inclement weather days on February 9 and February 16, and no school on February 15 to celebrate the Chiefs Super Bowl parade, our current make up day plans are as follows:
- February 9 Inclement Weather Day - Will be made up on Friday, April 7
- February 15 No School Day - Will be made up on Thursday, May 25
- February 16 Inclement Weather Day - Will be made up on Friday, May 26, a 3-hour early release
PLEASE NOTE: As we have shared that PCR-3 will implement traditional inclement weather days (no school and no virtual learning), until we reach a threshold that would push the school year past Memorial Day, any future inclement weather days will become Inclement Weather Virtual Learning Days.
Inclement Weather Information - AMI Learning Days
PCR-3 will implement traditional inclement weather days (no school and no virtual learning), until we reach a threshold that would push the school year past Memorial Day. At this point, we will be using AMI (Alternative Method Instruction) days moving forward if we are to have inclement weather.
Click here for information on school cancellations/modifications due to inclement weather, how the District will notify parents, as well as recess, Y Club information, and information on Inclement Weather Virtual Learning Days.
Below is the district-wide schedule for AMI days. If PCR-3 were to cancel school due to weather, we will notify families when there is any possibility of weather. We may send home Chromebooks as a proactive measure if in the event school is cancelled. At that point, your child's teacher will send an AMI newsletter or before 8:30am. We will continue to be in communication about these days if a potential AMI day arises.
2023-24 Academic Calendar Approved
Winter Recess Policy
An important component of school is recess. Winter sometimes causes modifications in recess play, but we feel it is still important the children go outside when weather permits. There will be no outdoor recess when the “feels like” temperature is 20 degrees or below.
We assure you the teachers who supervise playground activities are aware of the weather conditions and would not deliberately jeopardize any child’s well-being; but, these teachers also know the importance of 15 minutes of healthy play by appropriately dressed children. The outdoor recess will be at the discretion of the staff. We ask for your support in this matter by doing the following:
- Remind your child to wear their gloves, hat, etc. when going outdoors.
- Send us a note from your child’s physician if it is necessary, due to medical reasons, for your child to remain indoors longer than 2 days. We realize some conditions are chronic (i.e. bronchitis) and an open-ended, one-time note from your doctor indicating the outdoor temperature conditions to avoid will be sufficient.
Don't forget to check out our Pathfinder Student News (PSN) Channel on You Tube to watch some additions of our morning announcements and special shows!
Visitors at Lunch - *UPDATED POLICY*
The Pathfinder Cafeteria is open for visitors! Please sign up in advance to eat with your child! Below are some guidelines that will help make this experience a success and, for 4th Quarter, there are a few changes to our process to note as well (in bold below):
- There will be no lunch visitors on Friday, March 17th (APEX Fun Run Day).
- We will not have lunch visitors for the first two weeks of May due to MAP Testing.
- We are limiting the number of times people can come visit for lunch throughout the quarter to 5 in order to create more opportunities for a variety of parents to join their student(s) for lunch during those times. Thank you in advance for your understanding and flexibility in ensuring that all parents have this opportunity, even given our space limitations!
- Prior to visiting, please verify your student's lunch time and utilize the sign up to reserve your spot (1 sign up = 1 visitor seat). No more than 2 adults can sign up.
- Bring a state-issued ID to get signed in. Visitors must be listed on the student’s SISK12 account or parent permission must be received at the office prior to the visit.
- Please keep in mind that we have limited seating for visitors. Finding other arrangements for younger siblings during the lunch visit would be appreciated. Parents can either bring outside food or a packed lunch for their child and themselves. Parents may also purchase a lunch from school, but need to use this sign up to do that in advance.
- Parents may not go back to the classroom or recess after lunch.
- Only the child (no friends) can sit with the parents during lunch.
- Outside food and drink will only be permitted if you are staying to eat with your student.
- Parents who show up for lunch without signing up will be added if there is an open spot. If not, the office can help the parent sign up for a future date.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation in making this opportunity a success!
There will be limited lunch sign up in 4th quarter due to the information mentioned above.
Pathfinder Breakfast and Lunch Menus
After School Opportunities!
Miles of Smiles
Miles of Smiles is a full-service dental program that provides FREE dental care to children in the Northland for those that qualify based on income guidelines. The program will be in our district from April 26th - May 23rd.
Patient registration forms can be completed online or you can contact the school nurse and ask for a paper copy to be sent home with your student.
The registration forms MUST BE completed by April 25th.
Please visit the dental clinic website at https://levelupkidsinc.org/patientinfo to fill out the online dental clinic forms. This is for the dental clinic only - no vision clinic will be done at this time.
Pathfinder Parent Calendars
The District uses text messaging and automated phone calls to notify parents of upcoming events and days off, school closings due to weather, and during emergency situations. Newly enrolled families will automatically receive an opt-in message from 67587. If you missed it, simply text “Yes” to 67587 to receive text messages.
Keep in Contact with Us!
You can always pick up the phone and give us a call anytime. The school number is 816.436.6670. If you have a specific question for administration, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Dr. Anna Bohn, Principal) or email@example.com (Mrs. Emily Miller, Assistant Principal).
Thank You to our Pirates R.O.C.K. Stars!