Mrs. Nick's 4th Grade Newsletter
We are "The Crystal Kids"
What's New This Week? 10/7/16
- Would you like to help plan our Halloween party? Please let me know. It will be Monday, October 31. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Heads up! NO SCHOOL on Friday, October 14 due to teacher Professional Development day.
- Every student has a Cursive Booklet, which they use each day to practice their cursive.
- Homework? Yep, homework. Within the next month, students will have regular math homework, due each Friday, that focuses on addition and subtraction of large numbers. Then, we will work on double-digit multiplication and long division.
- IF YOU EVER NEED TO GET A HOLD OF ME, PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO email@example.com. I CHECK MY EMAIL THROUGHOUT THE DAY AND WILL RESPOND PROMPTLY. Of course, you can also call the office at 313-937-2330 but I may not be able to answer your call immediately as I may be teaching :-). I will always call back.
I was not at school on Friday so I'm not able to post the Star Status kids. I will have the names on Monday, October 10.
Spelling Words (Next Week)
Did you know you can practice your spelling words at home by going to spellingcity.com and searching under the teacher name "Monica Nick"? It's a great way to practice!
neighbor, weigh, eighth, crayon, sway, stray, erase, female, male, state, grain, trail, bacon, basement, chamber, midday, claim, sailed, brave, plains
Language Arts (taught by Mrs. Middleton)
- Learning how to tell the difference between informational and narrative text
- Learning how to identify prepositions in sentences
- Continuing to read chapter books
Math (taught by Mrs. Nick)
- Learning how to round numbers up to the millions position
- Using an online program called, "Front Row-ed" to enhance their place value knowledge, math facts and basic math taking skills
- Learning how to add large numbers
Social Studies (taught by Mrs. Nick)
- Finished taking their quiz on the "Bill of Rights" and the U.S. Constitution
- Ready to start learning about laws next week
Science (taught by Mrs. Middleton)
- Continuing their study of rocks and different types of volcanoes