Raymore Update: 01/07/14
News For & About our Staff Family & PLC
Noah Lasala poses in front of the Christmas tree.
Noah shows off his Christmas Pjs.
Laura Goodwin's four kids, one niece, and two nephews pose for a family picture.
Happy New Year!! Inspirational Quote
Wish You Well
Continue to keep GG and her husband Rene in your thoughts and prayers. GG will continue traveling on the weekends to see him, and they continue to focus on his positive spirits and keeping his weight up.
Polar Plunge- Jeans Week Jan. 13-17
If you would like to help support Special Olympic Jeans Week is coming soon!!
When: Jan 13-17 (next week)
Cost: $25 (covers all week)
$ Due: No Later Than 8:30am Monday, Jan 13th to me
Please note that there are no variations to the $25/Jeans Week. One cannot pay, for example, $15 to wear jeans only three days during the week of Jan 13-17. It is $25 to wear jeans for the week of Jan 13-17 or nothing (per District). Make checks payable to Special Olympics.
BIST Collab with Cheris - Tuesday, Jan. 14
1) your "Sorting It Out" sheets from September 2) have e-copy of Success Plan. Make sure you are prepared and ready to start on time. There will be no 8:00 a.m. PD that morning.
District Walk-Through January 16
Thursday, January 16, from sometime after 12 to 3:45, district administrators will be here to walk-through our building providing feedback about teaching & learning practices with rigor, relevance, engagement and technology. This is a different structure this year, and one that will afford us a great opportunity to embrace celebrations of our good practices and set next steps for our growth and improvement!
Please ensure you have a current class schedule posted outside your classroom.
Dr. Daniel was scheduled to do his own walk through and SIP/building consult this Friday, Jan. 10. However, that is now going to be rescheduled in the next two weeks. Once that is rescheduled, you will be notified.
Kuglin PD Survey
Here is a quick 3-2-1 to summarize our own teams' collab and next steps from Friday and help us support one another and give ideas to the Scout team. It is short :) Due by next Monday 1/13 end of day. https://docs.google.com/a/raypec.org/document/d/1tsF5v1rJZtVE2X2CXNzjl6WWXLagoKWaDkggZxjXEGc/edit?usp=sharing
Need help with your projects like cutting, stapling, etc?
There's a new tab on the PTA page (you get to it from raymoretigers.weebly.com) : VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES. Any sign-up genius or a need for help can be posted here. Ally, our parent web master volunteer, asks you give her at least 1 day notice of when their item/petition for help needs to be "live" on the site (so planning in advance will help get the volunteers in time to get any project done!) Let Karla know if you have a need and she'll forward it on to Ally for posting!
7 Keys to Effective Feedback from Grant Wiggins
Reminders & FYIs-some new!
- It is the start of a new year and our students have spent a lot of time away from our consistent school structures and routines. Please continue to practice classroom routines and building expectations this week and next. Class meetings are a great place to discuss and review expectations.
- Continue to take restroom breaks together as a class. If there are emergency situations, remember to send an escort with the student along with a hall pass.
- Grade cards emailed home Wednesday, Jan. 8
- Conscious Discipline PD - Monday, Jan. 13
- Our school wide "Don't Be a Bully" with KC Wolf assembly scheduled for Jan. 17 has been cancelled. We are working on rescheduling.
- Jan. 21 District PD (First and second year K-6 teachers will attend PDN on Formative Assessments)
- District Curriculum Benchmark Results should be entered by Jan. 24
- Staff Party at Tanners in Overland Park from 7:00-9:00 on Jan. 24
- Attendance should be entered in SIS each morning by 9:00 a.m. Thank you for making sure this is done in a timely manner.
- Remember to add your lesson plans to the Google RE Shared Folder each Monday by 8:20 a.m.
- Classroom doors should remain locked and the magnet strip should be used to allow access into classrooms. If you need a new magnet, please let Jennika know.
- How to make a short cut on your iPad home screen: 1. Copy and paste the link below into the Safari web browser 2. Once Safari brings up the link, look for the icon that is a square with an arrow pointing upward. This icon is in the upper left hand corner of Safari. 3. Click on the icon. Next click on the icon "add to home screen" 4.Click "add"
- Call or text Michelle & Jennika if you're going to be unexpectedly absent (after 4 pm day before). 616-4210 and 550-4434
- Call or text Michelle if you will be in the building on the weekend! Protection One and Raymore PD contact her directly, so it's important she is aware in case a worry arises. 616-4210
- Remember to check the RE Shared Calendar for events! We are still adding, and things change.
- Remember to add your current class schedule to the Google RE Shared Folder & before you implement changes; post outside your door too.
PLC: Our Mission, Vision, Values
- Focus on Learning
- Build a Collaborative Culture
- Focus on Results
We answer four questions:
- What do we expect our students to learn? (Goals/Expectations)
- How will we know they are learning? (Assessment)
- How will we respond when they don’t learn? (DI Intervention)
- How will we respond if they already know it? (DI Extension)
To fulfill our mission & vision:
- M: Preparing each student for a successful and meaningful life
- V: Turning today's learners into tomorrow's leaders
With these commitments:
- We are committed to consistency & accountability for each student's success.
- We are committed to a system of support for students and adults.
- We are committed to a safe, trusting and collaborative environment.
- We are committed to best practices.
- We are committed to high expectations for learning, behavior and citizenship.
- We are committed to quality communication & positive relationships with all stakeholders
- We are committed to effective communication regarding student progress.
- We are committed to data-driven decision making.
- We are committed to use of appropriate channels for communication.
- We are committed to a guaranteed (consistent) and viable (doable) curriculum.
- We are committed to maintaining fiscal responsibility while improving student achievement