The Road Report
While you are out......
For the week of June 13th;
* Custodial Team is working on 100 Hall Classroom floors; the 200 hall is being waxed (no access to 200 hall classrooms until Wednesday)
* Office Hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am until 4:30 pm. Front office ladies' last day is Thursday, June 16th.
Important Info from Admin Workshop
* County is refocused on Cafe/Daily 5 to help raise our ELA/Reading scores.
* Changes to TKES - most people will have 2 walkthroughs and 1 formative observation; everyone will input a professional learning goal (we will do this through our learning communities).
* Remember fire marshal guidelines as rooms are set up (clearance of egress, 50 % or less of wall covering, power strips off of floor, curtains must be sprayed, etc.)
What are the components of Daily 5?
Read to Self
The best way to become a better reader is to practice each day with “Good Fit”
books that you have selected yourself. It’s Fun!
Work on Writing
Just like reading the best way to become a better writer is to write each day.
Read to Someone
Partner reading provides opportunities to practice strategies, improve fluency,
check for understanding, and hear your own voice while sharing in the learning
Expanded vocabulary leads to greater fluency in reading, therefore increasing
comprehension. Becoming more proficient as a speller leads to writing fluency
and the ability to get your ideas down on paper.
Listen to Reading
Just Hearing fluent and expressive reading of good literature expands your
vocabulary; helps build your stamina and will make you a better reader.
What does CAFE stand for?
A - Accuracy
F - Fluency
E - Expanding Vocabulary
July 28 - SBLT/PTO board meets from 9am - 2pm
Aug 1 - First Day of Preplanning (4 days this year)
Aug 3 - Meet the teacher (5pm - 7pm)
Aug 5 - First day of school