1.20.23 PLES Newsletter
Update and Upcoming Events
January 20, 2023
Thank you Mr. Whelan and Mr. Colon for being our Watch D.O.G.S. today! Another big thank you goes out to our students and staff who did an excellent job with our security drill this week!
Kindergarten Registration for the 23-24 school year is almost upon us. A Kindergarten Information session will be held on Wednesday, February 1, 2023 at 6:00pm. This event will be in English and Spanish and will take place in the PLES cafeteria as well as live streamed via the district website. Kindergarten registration will be from 2/2-2/17. More information can be found on the kindergarten registration page of the district website. Please help spread the word to any friends or neighbors.
The AGSD Technology Department is hosting a digital literacy night on 1/31, in English and Spanish, for caregivers to learn more about our tech apps. Please see the attached flyers for more information.
GIANT’s Donate to Fill a Plate Food Drive Promotions
From January 20-30, nonperishable food items can be dropped off at the GIANT in West Grove to support the Fill a Plate food drive! All donations will be used to supplement the food pantries and weekend backpack programs in AGSD schools. See the attached flyer for more information.
Have a marvelous weekend!
Mrs. Harrison, Principal
Mrs. Hall, Assistant Principal
Come Join Us for Kindergarten Math and Literacy Night
January 24th at PLES
Parents/Caregivers are invited to learn about current math and literacy concepts in Kindergarten and learn how to support these at home.
Families attending will receive materials to support both math and literacy topics.
Children attending will enjoy time with a local storyteller after which milk and cookies will be served.
Click here to RSVP for the event. We can’t wait to see you there!
PBIS and Bucket Filling
Hat Day was a success this week! Our second grade classes will be selecting the next schoolwide reward for when we met our new goal. Stay tuned for the exciting announcement of the next goal and reward!
- Thank you to everyone who attended the PTA meeting last night! There are lots of exciting activities on the horizon!
- PLES Lost and Found - Check out the items that are currently in the lost and found in the cafeteria.
Student Resources and Supports
- The School Counselors are offering the following Guidance groups for our winter session: Anger Management, Changing Families, Coping Skills, Friendship, Grief, School Skills, and Self Esteem. For group descriptions and to sign up, please use this link.
- Deadline for referrals is Monday, January 23, 2022.
- If you have any questions about the groups or how we may best support your child, please contact your child's School Counselor: Mrs. Reif - Kindergarten, Mrs. Glass - First Grade, Mrs. Czaplicki - Second Grade.
- If your student has been sent home in borrowed clothes from the nurse, please wash and return them as soon as possible.
- The nurse’s office is in need of donations. Please consider donating boys pants as well as boys and girls underwear. Thank you in advance for your generosity!