October 20, 2020
A Note from the Principal
Hello Central Families,
It's hard to believe we are approaching our first intersession. I am so proud of the wonderful work that is happening in the classrooms, both virtual and face-to-face! Thank you for sending us your best...We love our Central students and families!
Thank you for taking the time to read our newsletter that is filled with important information about upcoming events including Halloween, Intersession, Book Fair, PTO and the Positivity Project.
Mrs. Kuzinski, Proud Principal
We will be celebrating Halloween with our students on Friday, October 23rd. Students should plan to wear their costumes to school. We will be planning activities throughout the day and students will celebrate with their classmates. Information on classroom parties will come directly from the teacher.
In consideration of student safety, enjoyment, and school policy, some reminders regarding costumes follow:
- Toy weapons of any kind are not allowed
- Costumes depicting violence, blood, or scary creatures are not school appropriate
- Students will still need to wear their face masks
Central families are welcome to attend the costume parade, weather permitting. If the weather is unfavorable, the parade will be cancelled. Spectators will line up along the sidewalk peninsula between the bus loop and parking lot. We kindly ask that everyone wear masks and follow social distancing guidelines.
- 1st Grade Parade: 9:00 AM
- 2nd Grade Parade: 9:30 AM
- 3rd Grade Parade: 10:00 AM
- 4th Grade Parade: 10:40 AM
Parades will last approximately 10 minutes, so be sure to be on time!
Virtual Students: Send us your Halloween costume pictures so we can post them on our PTO Facebook page or in our next Central Shines newsletter!
Positivity Project (P2)
Click here to check out P2 for Families (password: P2).
Scholastic Book Fair (Virtual This Year)
The Scholastic Book Fair is back! While the Fair will be exclusively held online this year, we still plan on making it a fun and joyous experience for our students. The Online Fair will include features like: Central’s own online store, games for kids, virtual store walk-throughs and more. Remember, every dollar you spend will benefit our school directly (25% back in rewards!).
Save these dates and view our school’s book fair site:
Fair Dates: Monday, October 12th – Sunday, October 25th
- Tuesday, November 17
- Central Media Center or Zoom (Whichever works best for you!)
- 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 892 0142 2649
- Oct. 12-25: Central Virtual Book Fair...see the Library News section for more details.
- Oct. 23: Halloween Parties & Parade (weather permitting)
- Oct. 23: Progress Reports Go Home
- Oct. 26-30: Intersession I - No School
- Nov. 2: School Resumes
- Nov. 2: COOL 2 CARE BEGINS!
- Nov. 2: School Board Meeting @ 7:00 p.m.
- Nov. 5: Parent/Teacher Conferences 4:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Nov. 6: No School for Students, Parent/Teacher Conferences 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Nov. 17: PTO Meeting @ 5:00 p.m.