Magnets and Magnetism
By: Lwe H, Marissa E, and Bethany B
Magnetic poles and Domains
Magnetic poles* Magnets have a north and a south pole
How magnetism is affected by magnetic domains?
*Magnetic domains determine if an object is magnetized or not
*when a object is magnetized all the arrows go in the same direction
* when it is not magnetized all the arrows go in random directions.
Magnetic force and Magnetic fields
* The magnets attract or repel each other
* an area of magnetic force around a magnet
* distance determines how strong the pull is
Strong force = lines close to poles Weak force = lines farther from poles
* Field lines are the strongest at the poles