Table Host Update
Tips and Reminders
The Leadership Breakfast is almost here!
I am so grateful that you have agreed to be a Table Host for YWCP's 5th Annual Leadership Breakfast on November 18th. I hope you have been having great success inviting your friends, family members, and co-workers to this event. We are almost sold out and no longer selling tables except for sponsors! But don't worry, we are holding your table for you, and we want you to fill it with people who are excited to learn about girls' education in Rochester!
Here are some tips and reminders to make sure this event is a success:
- Please confirm with all of the guests at your table as soon as possible, preferably by October 30th. That way, if changes are necessary, they can be made easily.
- Once confirmed, send the names and contact information for your guests to Lauri Bonnell at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are having trouble filling 1-2 spots at your table, please let Lauri know as soon as possible so we can assist you.
- Remember, if you have friends that can't attend, you can still ask them to make a donation to the event through our website: www.youngwomenscollegeprep.org.
- Two weeks before the event (November 4th) - send a reminder email to your guests (see sample wording below).
- One week before (November 11th) - send another reminder email. Trust us - people get busy and forget!
- At the breakfast - arrive at the registration desk by 7:45am to pick up your Table Host packet. This will include the donor cards for your table, and pre-addressed thank you cards for your guests. We ask that you distribute and collect the donor cards at the breakfast when instructed to do so by the speaker, and that you send the thank you cards to your guests within one week of the event.
- Some Table Hosts may choose to decorate their table with chocolates or personal momentos such as photographs to make the event even more personal.
One last reminder, to help us reach our $50,000 fundraising goal for the Leadership Breakfast, please be clear about expectations with your guest. Let them know this is a fundraiser - share the goal with them! This will make the "ask" an expected part of the program.
If you have not yet paid for your table, please contact Lauri Bonnell. The option has been taken off of the website since we are sold out of tables!
Thanks again for your continued support!
YWCP Foundation President and CEO
YWCP Special Events Committee Chair
Suggested Wording for Reminder Email
Thank you very much for agreeing to attend the Young Women's College Prep Leadership Breakfast as my guest. Just a reminder, the breakfast will be held on Wednesday, November 18th from 8:00-9:30am at Temple B'rith Kodesh, 2131 Elmwood Avenue in Brighton.
Please let me know if you cannot attend for any reason. My goal is to have a full table of 10 people, so I'm really counting on you! Don't forget that each of us will be asked to make a donation to support the programs of the YWCP Foundation, which are helping to put low-income girls on the path to college. The fundraising goal for the breakfast is $50,000, but we can achieve it if we all do our part!
I want to let you know that there are several options for making a gift. A pledge can be paid by check or credit card at the breakfast, or in installments after the event (monthly, quarterly, or semi-annually).
Thank you very much for joining me in this great community effort to improve educational opportunities for Rochester's girls.
The mission of the YWCP Foundation is to break the cycle of poverty for young urban girls by increasing their economic self-sufficiency through improved leadership skills, career awareness, college readiness, and college access. To accomplish this, YWCP Inc. creates, implements, and supports innovative programs that educate the whole girl - academically, socially, and emotionally.