Video Game Sound Designer
Requirments and job description
Video game sound designers are the people who make music and sound effects in video games. They make the game more realistic by bringing audio to life.
- Assist lead sound designers with content creation, and other tasks as directed.
- Assist level designers by recording temp dialogue, when needed.
- Edit, process, and verify in-game dialogue.
- Actively participate with game design teams that include artists, programmers, and game designers.
- Set up, adjust, and tear down recording equipment for one's own recording sessions.
- Help prepare recorded material for online use, as needed.
- Help assemble game audio assets for online use.
- Makes $55,000+ a year.
- A Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree in music.
- A passion for games and game audio.
- Experience working with common audio software, such as Pro Tools, Waves, and Sound Forge.
- Strong sense of aesthetic.
- Knowledge of industry-standard software, such as, Pro Tools, Logic, Sound Forge, or other major audio production programs is required.
- Able to work comfortably in both Macintosh and Windows environments.
"Blizzard Entertainment: Career Opportunities." Blizzard Entertainment: Career Opportunities. Blizzard Entertainment, n.d. Web. 07 Jan. 2014.