Hastings Elementary School
Where Our Students Make a World of Difference
Check Out What's Happening This Week:
- Terrific Start!
- First Day Packets
- Hastings Parent Group (HPG)
- A Few Reminders...
- School Council
- Upcoming Dates
1. Terrific Start!
2. First Day Packets
3. Hastings Parent Group (HPG)
All are welcome to join the Hastings Parent Group. We meet monthly as a group to discuss school updates, plan activities for students and families, and brainstorm enrichment opportunities. It's a terrific link between home and school. Our meetings are typically the first Thursday of every month from 6:30-7:30 in the Hastings Library. Below are the meeting dates for the year:
October 3rd, November 6th (Wednesday), December 5th, January 9th, February 6th, March 5th, April 2nd, May 7th, and June 11th.
This month we have a few events to add to your calendar! On Friday, August 30th Kindergarten parents are invited to a "Boohoo Woohoo Coffee Hour" at 9:15 in the Hastings Cafeteria. Check out the flyer!
On Friday, September 13th all families are invited to a "Back to School BBQ!" Join us on the Hastings lawn for a picnic cookout. Bring blankets, toys, and a smile! A sign up will go out next week requesting volunteers and donations.
We are excited to bring our families together as a Hastings community and hope you can make the meetings and events! If you have any questions please contact the HPG president, Shannon Vallee, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. A Few Reminders...
- Please review your child’s lunch choice with them each morning to be sure they know whether they need to order lunch and which lunch choice to order if they need to.
- Please send the purple change in dismissal notes into school on the mornings there will be a change in your child’s dismissal. Be sure to review dismissal plans with your child.
- Every Thursday you will receive an email titled, "Weekly News and Notes!" It will include a link to our newsletter for the week. You can also find it on the Hastings Website under News and Notes.
- Follow us on Twitter at @HastingsWPS for live snapshots and updates!
- Please label all clothing and belongings with your child’s name. This will help us to return your belongings to you in the event they are lost.
- Consider an earlier bedtime to support your child’s transition to the new school year.
- Read, read, read with your child as much as you are able. When reading, talk about the story and ask, “What did they like about the story? Did they have a favorite part? Can they tell you who and what the story was about? Did they connect to the story in any way?” Share your thoughts about the story too! Enjoy this special time together!
6. Upcoming Dates
- Kindergarten "Boohoo Woohoo Coffee Hour" for Parents, 9:15 AM, Cafeteria
Monday, September 2nd
- No School - Labor Day
Friday, September 13th
- Back to School BBQ, 4:00-6:00 PM, Hastings Lawn
Thursday, September 19th
- Open House for ALL students and families, 6:00-7:00 PM, Hastings School
Friday, September 27th
- Back to School BBQ, Rain Date!
Monday, September 30th
- No School - Rosh Hashanah