Ms. Frehner's Weekly Announcements
September 16, 2013
This Week's Standards
This week in math we will be working on standard 4.NBT.1, which focuses on base 10 and place value. Students will...
- ...recognize that in a multi-digit whole number, a digit in one place represents ten times what it represents in the place to its right. For example, the digit 7 in the number 734 has a value that is ten times larger than the digit 7 in the number 73 (700 is ten times larger than 70).
- ...recognize that in a multi-digit whole number, a digit in one place represents ten times less than what it represents in the place to its left. For example, the digit 7 in the number 73 is ten times less than the digit 7 in the number 734 (70 is ten times less than 700 OR 700 ÷ 70 = 10).
ELA (English Language Arts)
This week in ELA we will be working on standards RL.4.2, which focuses on determining the theme for a story, drama, or poem. Students will...
- ...use details in a story, drama, and poem to determine theme.
- ...use a variety of graphic organizers to assist in finding the theme in a story, drama, and poem.
Work samples this week will be exit tickets from our class connects. Students who watch the recording can send their responses via k-mail.
This Week's Calendar
Click on the image to enlarge the calendar.
Word of the Week - Humorous
Click on the image to enlarge the WOTW.
Click on the image to see September's birthdays.
This Week's Announcements
Remember, you must be completing lessons in EVERY subject in order to be marked present.
This week is Count Week. It is so important that you are establishing attendance this week by completing at least one lesson in every subject. If you do not establish attendance, you will not be counted for our school.
Just a reminder that all students should be bringing a notebook and something to write with to class every day. These notebooks will be used for a variety of purposes:
- note taking
- jotting down ideas and questions
- attaching resources like graphic organizers