High School Student Services
Information For All Students
End of Q3 Progress Reports: 3/11/22
End of Q3: 4/8/22
End of Q4 Progress Reports: 5/20/22
Regents Exams: 6/14/22 - 6/24/22
End of Q4: 6/17/22
Class of 2022 Graduation: 6/24/22
- For those seniors who have yet to submit their SUNY applications, help is available. These workshops provide an overview of the application process, as well as step-by-step information on completing the SUNY Application. Registration is available here.
- SUNY's financial aid professionals are available to assist students in completing their applications for financial aid. These are hands-on workshops, so students should be ready to complete the FAFSA during the program. Students can register here.
The New York Water Environment Association (NYWEA) Scholarship: eligible applicants must be high school seniors interested in pursuing a Bachelor's degree in an environmental major; applications are available online. Deadline February 28, 2022 by 5 pm
Saratoga Builders Association Scholarships: eligible applicants must be a senior or college undergraduate in Saratoga County who is planning to pursue a construction education at a 2 or 4-year accredited college or university OR to students who would like to purchase tools and/or equipment for employment/career OR to start a business in the construction industry. Applicants must have a 3.0 or higher GPA, must demonstrate current or past involvement in the construction field. More information, as well as the application, can be found here. Deadline: April 1, 2022
- Operation Adopt A Soldier, Inc. Scholarship: eligible applicants must be a graduating senior, have or had a service member in his/her family, have a letter of recommendation, and write an essay (between 250-300 words) on "What war and our troops being deployed to war-torn areas of the world and parts of the world mean to me." Application materials must be returned to your school counselor. Application can be found here. Deadline: April 15, 2022
- Hudson Mohawk (AHEC) Health Career Scholarship: eligible applicants must be entering an approved healthcare related certificate or degree program at a local community college, university, or training entity within New York State. Application can be found here. Deadline: March 18, 2022
2022 Multimedia Contest: eligible applicants must be a high school student in the Capital Region, submit an essay on the topic provided, and complete other portions of the application. Deadline: February 28, 2022
New York State Association of Agricultural Fairs & New York State Showpeople's Association Scholarship: eligible applicants must be New York State residents, who currently are (or have been previously) active in a fair that is a member of the NYSAAF or the NYSSA and who plan to attend (or already attend) college. More information, as well as the application, can be found here. Deadline: April 8, 2022
Gerard J. Buckenmeyer FASNY Volunteer Scholarship: eligible applicants must be a member in good standing with FASNY or have a parent/legal guardian who is a member and serve as a current Junior firefighter, Explorer Scout or RAM in a group affiliated with a volunteer department; a volunteer firefighter, or a volunteer with an EMS unit. Applications are available online. Deadline: March 15, 2022 (more information in flyer below)
Julia O. Wells Memorial Education Foundation Inc. Scholarship: offers a scholarship to a student who plans to pursue his/her education at a two or four year accredited registered professional nursing program. If you plan to pursue this path, please see Mrs. Rust or Mrs. O'Brien before March 15, 2022!
First New York Federal Credit Union Scholarship: eligible applicants must be a First New York Federal Credit Union member in good standing, plan to attend a two or four-year college in the fall of 2022, and be an active volunteer within the community. Application is available here. Deadline: May 6, 2022
CSEA Local 864 Scholarship: applicants must be a child of an employee represented by the Local 864 and attend school represented by the Local 864. There are three awards available and one application, which can be found here, will cover all awards. Deadline: March 25, 2022
PB & J Scholarship: eligible applicants must have experienced personal challenges that may have not allowed them to perform well academically, but they still have the drive to succeed. Application can be found here. Deadline: May 31, 2022
H2M STEAM Scholarship: eligible applicants must be seniors interested in pursuing a STEM related undergraduate degree and who plan to enter a career in architecture, engineering, planning, land surveying, landscape architect, or environmental science. Scan the QR Code on the flyer below for more information. Deadline: March 18, 2022
Upper Hudson River Valley Branch of the National Deer Association Scholarship: eligible applicants must submit an essay concerning his/her Quality Deer Management philosophy. More information, including the application, can be found here. Deadline: March 10, 2022
Alfred Kahler Scholarship: eligible applicants must be a graduating high school senior and attend high school in one of the following counties (Schenectady, Albany, Saratoga). Applicants will be evaluated on a variety of items, including their visions of future contributions to the health care human service field. The application, including more information, can be found here. Deadline: April 22, 2022
FASNY Higher Education Learning Plan (HELP)
Gerard J. Buckenmeyer FASNY Volunteer Scholarship
Horatio Alger Scholarship: eligible applicants must be high school juniors, plan to pursue a bachelor's degree in the US, demonstrate financial need, be involved in the community, display integrity, have at least a 2.0 GPA, and be a US citizen. Application, as well as more information can be found here. Deadline: March 15, 2022
SAT/ACT Testing Information:
The SAT and the ACT will be offered on the following (Saturday) national testing dates. The cost of the SAT is $55. The ACT has a basic fee of $60.00, with an optional writing test (cost with writing is $85.00). If the cost of these tests presents a hardship, you may be eligible for a fee waiver. Please check with Mrs. Rust or Mrs. O'Brien.
Test Date (Registration Deadline)
March 12th (February 11th)
March 23rd (School Day Testing; more information will be mailed home)
May 7th (April 8th)
June 4th (May 5th)
Test Date (Registration Deadline)
April 2nd (February 25th)
June 11th (May 6th)
July 16th (June 17th)*
*No test center in New York
This spring/summer is a great time to continue to research and/or visit colleges. Here are a few things to keep in mind when you are looking at and visiting college campuses (hopefully in-person!) (source Cappex):
- Will you be satisfied academically? A school should challenge you academically and offer degree programs that interest you.
- Will you be fulfilled personally? Be sure there are activities and events you can participate in outside of the classroom.
- Will you be happy socially? Think about how you're going to make friends ... will you be surrounded by people with similar backgrounds to yours, or will you meet students from different parts of the world?
- Will you be at ease on the campus? It is important to look at the size and location of the campus. Make sure you feel comfortable with all aspects of campus life!
SUNY is offering "Which SUNY are You?" sessions throughout the spring, as well as EOP Information and Financial Aid sessions. Students can register for all workshops here.
American LEGION Boys/Girls State
American Legion Boys State and Empire Girls State are hands-on educational workshops, focusing on Americanism and the political process, sponsored by the New York State American Legion Auxiliary. The goal of the programs are to help students better understand democratic ideals and the part we, as individuals, play in carrying out these ideals. This is an opportunity available to students in their Junior year only.
June 26 - July 1 2022 at Morrisville State College
Date and location to be determined.
If you are interested in applying for Boy's or Girl's State, please see your school counselor.
Information for all Students
Pre-College Summer Programs
- Carnegie Mellon's Pre-College Programs, offered at no cost, for student who demonstrate financial need. Three programs are offered related to the STEM field. If interested, please complete the online application here. Deadline: March 9, 2022
- 2022 Summer Pre-College Programs Fairs: Includes a series of virtual events that provide students and families with an opportunity to learn about academic summer programs at top US colleges and universities; attendees may visit virtual booths where you can ask questions via text or live video with summer program representatives, and webinars on how to choose a summer program while making the most out of a summer experience. Registration is FREE. Find more information here.
- Summer Study in the USA: Looking for a summer program? Search participating programs by student grade level, financial aid, or academic interest.
- Stevens Institute of Technology: Registration for the Virtual Summer Pre-College Program is now open! As a student in a pre-college program you can expect to: conduct research, attend profession workshops, strengthen your college application, explore potential majors, and meet new friends. Pre-College offerings can be found here. Interested? Complete your application here.
- Barnard College Pre-College Programs: Looking to spend the summer in New York City while experiencing college life? Take a look at the programs offered by Barnard College in the area of entrepreneurship to STEM and everything in between! More information can be found here.
School Counselor Contact Information
Mrs. O’Brien (A-G, Grade 9; A-L, Grades 10-12)
Ms. Bean (H-M, Grade 9; H-L, Grade 10, Career Ed & AP Coordinator)
Mrs. Rust (N-Z, Grade 9; M-Z, Grades 10-12)
Mrs. Tracy Lyon, Secretary
(518) 695-3255. ext 2239
14 Spring St.
Schuylerville, NY 12871
p (518) 695-3522
f (518) 695- 9671