Blue Jay Bulletin for Parents
August 23, 2021 - Issue 23
Dear Blue Jay Families,
A new school year is upon us and we are gearing up for another fantastic year here at Rock Port Elementary! As always, we continually strive to be a positive, safe place for students to learn, grow, and explore. The Blue Jay Bulletin for Parents is an online platform to communicate elementary news, events, and celebrations. These newsletters are designed to be brief and highlight a few announcements for the month.
A few important items to note this month…
- “Meet Your Teacher” Night is tonight (August 23) from 5-6pm. This is a great opportunity for your child to meet his/her teacher, take pictures, drop off school supplies, and take a tour of the new classroom! We are excited this event is back this year but do ask with the continued COVID concerns within our community that you keep visits brief (under 15 minutes) in each classroom.
- The Rock Port Rotary Club will be serving food from 5-6:15pm in the cafeteria tonight.
- School will begin on Wednesday, August 25. We will dismiss at 12:05pm. Please no visitors this morning to the classrooms; we will have staff members available to walk younger students to their classrooms.
- If your child has moved beyond the elementary and you would like to be taken off the Bulletin mailing list please send that request to email@example.com.
- Thank you to the many parents and students that filled out the "You're Awesome, You're the Best, You Rock" postcards last spring. Any time is a good time to share a positive compliment with someone. Additional postcards are on the sign-in table at the elementary office main entrance or can be sent home by request.
Stay Positive and Healthy,