Inspire Family Newsletter
News and updates for families of Inspire students
October 16, 2020
Dear Inspire Families:
After Butte County Public Health Department issued a press release to announce that Butte County has moved from Tier 1 (purple) to Tier 2 (red) of the State's COVID-19 Blueprint for a Safer Economy, Inspire School of Arts & Sciences mobilized to plan for a return to in-person learning for our students.
In addition to revisiting our plans for reopening to ensure they were aligned with the most current federal and state guidelines for schools, we gathered input from staff, students, parents and guardians, and our school Board. With discussion centered on the most current research regarding COVID-19 and in-person learning, we revised our plan accordingly.
While it's important to note that the revised plan will still need to be approved by our Inspire Board on Monday, here are some key highlights for you:
1) Inspire Plans to Reopen for In-Person Instruction Starting January 19 Distance learning will continue through Periods 3 and 4 (Oct. 19 - Jan. 11). Parents and students will be able to choose an in-person or virtual instruction model beginning on January 19. Keep in mind that this plan is contingent on Inspire Board approval and a re-appraisal of community COVID spread at that time.
2) Small Group Instruction and Support on Campus During Periods 3 and 4 Inspire will have some small-group instruction and support on campus during Periods 3 and 4. However, teachers will determine which students will be allowed on campus using a variety of factors (student learning and technology needs, level of comfort with in-person learning, etc.) Please do not reach out to Inspire staff during this time to request in-person instruction for your student.
3) Options for In-Person vs. Online Instruction Inspire teachers are planning to provide hybrid instruction, teaching students at home and students in the classroom simultaneously beginning January 19. For this reason, students will continue to keep their current schedule and teachers, and will have the option of learning in-person or virtually.
For details regarding our reopening plan, please see the Frequently Asked Questions document and/or view the video recording of our Parent/Guardian Information Meeting linked below. Don't hesitate to reach out to me with questions or concerns. Once again, I am so grateful for the support and partnership of our amazing Inspire families. We couldn't make these decisions without you!
With gratitude and hope,
Materials for 3rd Period
- Tech exchange for the 3rd period begins today. If your student needs tech materials, please contact the office before arriving so they know what to get prepared for you. The process is much easier if the student is present as they will need your student to sign into their account to register the device.
- If you need to pick up or drop off materials, you don't need to schedule an appointment. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
HAVE YOUR STUDENT CHECK SCHOOLOGY TO SEE IF THEY NEED ANY MATERIALS!
Yearbook needs your help! We aren't on campus gathering pictures of classes and events like usual, so we need you to help submit photos of what school is like where you are!
Here are ways to participate:
- Use the app HJeShare (school code 16210) to upload photos
- Use hjeshare.com (school code 16210) to upload photos
- Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tag photos with #2021InspireYBK on Instagram
- Answer questions asked on instagram @inspireyearbook
- Buy your book on yearbookordercenter.com (school code 16210)
Pictures we are looking for:
- Your student in their workspace, something your student made/changed/did during Distance Learning
- Their favorite quarantine hobby, your student with their pets, your student in their masks, your student doing "summery" things over break
- Your student with their favorite Starbucks or Dutch drink, your student & their favorite costumes, your student and the election (casting your ballot, registering to vote, working the polls), activities over break, your student as an activist,
- OR ANY OTHERS OF YOUR STUDENT THIS YEAR!!!
- We want the student in the picture!
- The brightest light should be behind you, the photographer, but avoid making your subjects squint into the sun. No need to zoom in, Just get closer. (Mask up!)
- Try for candids: avoid posed photos. Catch action, reaction and emotion. Pay attention to distracting things in the background, move around to avoid them or wait for people to pass.
- Please only send photos from June 2020-now!
Cozy Up This Fall Inspire Style!
Get your Inspire “i” Blanket, black plush fleece with a purple embroidered “i” TODAY!
Blankets have arrived and will be available the Monday after your purchase. Purchase online HERE!
Our goal is to raise money for the Inspire Dance Program. Due to the cancelling of so many dance opportunities and the lack of income to our program we decided to get creative! We need help supporting our dancers and future events, so we create a fundraiser that anyone and everyone can enjoy! Who doesn’t like to curl up in a warm cozy blanket?! With a minimum donation of $25 you will receive a blush, black, fleece blanket perfect to curl up in! Be cozy, connect on Zoom, and you can even give them as a gift in the nifty bag they comes in. We want to share the love and encourage you to support us, so we can continue to grow, create, and flourish while learning while dancing from home.
- $25 minimum donation (Comes with a clear storage bag) + $5 shipping and handling anywhere in the US. Contact us for international rates.
- If you purchase 4 blankets you will receive 2 free tickets to our next live dance event!
- After purchase, blankets can be picked up at the Inspire Office (the Monday after purchase) or shipped directly to your home for an additional fee.
AN EVENING WITH INSPIRE IS TONIGHT!
Friday, Oct. 16th, 7pm
This is an online event.
Subscribe the the Inspire School of Arts & Sciences YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjg03yqP9a8HhYC63P1_ykw
Tune in live to the Inspire School of Arts & Sciences Facebook page or YouTube channel on October 16 at 7:00pm and take a look into our world of learning, inspired.
Feel free to invite anyone you know!!!
Who you gonna call?
Call or email the office for an absence: (530) 891-3090 or
Call or email Ken Hardy for technology assistance: (530) 891-3090 or email@example.com
Call or email your child's teacher by visiting the "Staff" page on our Inspire website.
Call or email the Principal/Superintendent: (530) 230-7758 or firstname.lastname@example.org