Nil Sine Numine
Before we start with the interesting facts and topics, we have to start with the statehood history. What happened when and before Colorado became a state. Colorado was first inhabited by the Native Americans. Not long after.Spanish hunters and trappers settled in in the Colorado region. Westward expansion brought Europeans to the area and Colorado history began, with treaties and wars with the Mexicans and Native Americans who already lived in the area. In the early days of the Colorado Gold Rush,Colorado was territory of Kansas and territory of Jefferson. Colorado became a state 1876. Colorado became the 38th state to join our nation when President Ulysses Grant signed a proclamation of official statehood. Colorado is known as the centennial state because it became a state exactly 100 years after the U.S. became a country.
Places of Intrest
- Colorado became a state in 1876
- Colorado's state bird is the Lark Bunting
- Colorado's state flower is the Rocky Mountain Blue Columbine
- Colorado's motto is Nil Sine Numine (which means "Nothing without Providence")
- Colorado holds the world record for the largest video game collection
- Colorado holds the world record for the fastest time to balance a dozen eggs
- Colorado holds the world record for the longest marathon playing pool.
- Colorado holds the world record fro the most people doling T-shirts simultaneously
- Colorado holds the world record for the largest model train store