Week of May 9 - May 13 Vol.1 Edition 33
Cabell will be a premier 21st century school that caters to the needs of the whole child in a vigorous personalized learning environment.
Teacher Appreciation Week was fantastic! We want to express our gratitude to our partners and sponsors in making the week a memorable one for our staff. A big thank you to Amy and the teachers at Shelton School who raised funds among themselves and gifted our teachers with Starbucks cards and breakfast. It was really teachers showing appreciation to teachers. Thank you to Catherine Leblanc and CAR for providing lunch, Church, to our PTA, parents and the community for showing appreciation to our most deserving staff.
District P2LD and Cabell PD Plan
Cinco de Mayo
A huge Success
Our first outdoor Cinco de Mayo (click for pictures) festival was a huge success. Again, with the entire school community working together we can achieve great feats. We would like to give a special mention to Ms. Camacho, Ms. Amada and Mr. Quintanilla. Thank you staff for working late to make this event what it was. Let the pictures speak for themselves...
- NO PD/Staff Meeting, Mon 5/9
- STAAR Testing, Mon 5/9-5/12
- MAP testing Window, 4/25-5/24
On the Horizon...
- During April & May, Construction - the abatement contractor will work after school hours, in the crawl space, installing a make safe area for the contractors to work.
- Boxes are expected to be delivered, May 9th, after classes
- May 13th, SLO Goal Accomplishment (teachers)
- May 20th, 5th Grade Dance
- May 20th, Career Day
- May 24-28, DI Globals, Knoxville, Tennessee
- May 27th, Field Day
- May 31st-June 1st, Awards Ceremony
Please make use of the Cabell Charger Communication document. It's a busy time of year and we want to make sure everyone is in tune with all the events, happening and due dates. You can use this document to include any important dates via comments.
our mission is to promote student success through a high quality education. For every child to succeed, we must hold students and ourselves to high expectations. Only the courageous pursuit of excellence will lead to success.