Alta Vista High School
March 5, 2021
Hello Alta Vista High School Families!
CLASSIC/VIRTUAL Learning Model Selection Window:
It is hard to believe, but we are almost two thirds of the way through this school year. Trimester two will end on Friday, March 19. Which means trimester 3 starts Monday, March 22. If you are currently a Virtual student and would like to switch to Classic Learning (in-person learning) for trimester 3, now is the time to let us know. The same goes for the reverse, if you are now Classic and would like to switch to Virtual Learning for trimester 3. If the student is under 18 years old, we need to receive an email or phone call from a parent or guardian no later than Friday, March 12 if you want to make a switch. Be sure to include the name of the person calling, the student's name and the preferred learning model (classic/virtual) when leaving voicemails or messages. Spanish is OK. If we do not get a message from you, or your parent or guardian, we will assume that you want to remain in the same learning model you now have in trimester two. We need to know in advance so that we can accommodate your preferences in the master schedule for trimester three, and create enough sections in our classic and virtual classrooms. We may not be able to accommodate any requests received after March 12.
If you have any questions or concerns, or any schedule change requests for trimester three, please don't hesitate to contact us.
A FEW REMINDERS:
- If your student is taking an Art, Cooking, or Music elective class, and they have not picked up their class materials, please have them pick up at the front office ASAP. Our office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:00pm.
- When on campus all students must wear a mask, wash their hands frequently, and socially distance. If you are not feeling well, please do not come to school, but do call to let us know. We are excited to have you back in class where you belong, but we also want everyone to be safe and stay healthy. Everyone needs to do their part so we can continue to serve you in the best way possible.
This newsletter includes information about:
- New After School Grant Activities: Soccer & Rugby
- AVHS Food Pantry
- Most Recent VUSD Community Update
- Looking Ahead: Events and Dates
- San Diego county Public Library: E-books
- VUSD Resources
- Daily Student Schedule
21st Century ASSETS After-School Sport Program
Hello Alta Vista High School and Vista Visions Academy Students and Families: We are excited to announce two new after-school grant activities: soccer training and rugby training!
Soccer training is kicking off next week on Tuesday, February 9th at 12:30 PM. This training will take place under the Purple Tier guidance for youth sports. Students will participate in skills drills and fitness training while maintaining proper social distancing. Students can earn PE or elective for participation. Soccer training will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:30-1:30pm.
Rugby training will start on Wednesday, February 24th at 3:00 PM. This training will take place under the Purple Tier guidance for youth sports. Students will participate in skills drills and fitness training while maintaining proper social distancing. Students can earn PE or elective for participation. Rugby training will take place on Mondays and Wednesdays from 3-4:45PM.
You can contact Coach Gotteman (firstname.lastname@example.org) to sign up or get more information.
Thank you, and enjoy your weekend.
AVHS Food Pantry
VUSD Community Update - 2/23/2021
VUSD has prepared another Community Update that provides information in the following areas:
- Governing Board Joint Statement Promoting Civil Discourse and Following Our District Values
- High School Vista Classic Return to In-Person Learning Set for March 8th
- Health and Safety
- Vista Works for You Video - Measure LL Facility Bond Progress Update
- Student Athletics Update
- Nursing Staff Update
- Counties to Allocate Vaccine Doses for School Employees
Click here for the Community Update.
LOOKING AHEAD: EVENTS AND DATES
- Mar 19: End of Trimester #2
- Mar 22: Start of Trimester #3
- Mar 29-Apr 2: Spring Break (No School)
- Apr 28-29: Graduate Picture Day
San Diego County Public Library: E-books
Message from our local Vista Library librarian:
My name is Jennifer Runge, I am the Youth Services Librarian at your local Vista library. The San Diego County Public Library system has a free partnership with our e-book vendor Overdrive called Public Library Connect which allows free access for students in the school district to our public library’s digital collection with no library card needed. This is a wonderful opportunity to allow access for all Vista Unified School District students to view our digital library collection.
This is a free service. If you would like to preview our e-book collection, please click here. https://libbyapp.com/library/sdcl If you would be interested to learn more about this service, I will be happy to connect you with our partners.
Youth Services Librarian II
San Diego County Library – Vista Branch
VUSD Vista Institute For Parents (VIP)
- Please visit the VUSD Vista Institute For Parents VIP page by clicking here.
- Getting Started with Canvas: A Guide for Parents Part of the Vista Institute for Parents (VIP) project is to make sure our parents have the resources and knowledge to navigate the new Canvas platform. Please visit the Canvas Support website on the VIP site for help getting acquainted with the Canvas platform.
Fall 2020 School Meals as of October 21, 2020
VUSD meal service takes place Mondays and Wednesdays. Please see flier below for more information.
If you need to apply for free or reduced lunch CLICK HERE