Ridgeview STEM Junior High School
October 10, 2019
A group of our 13 year olds (7th and 8th graders) will represent thousands of others across the country on Oct. 17th! Known as The Nation’s Report Card, NAEP is the largest nationally representative and continuing assessment of what students in the United States know and can do in a variety of subjects. This year a random sampling of students were selected to participate in Math and Reading tests. The test should only take an hour. If your child is selected, they will be bringing a letter home with more information. Learn more at: https://nces.ed.gov/nationsreportcard/#
Spirit Wear Sale Has Been Extended!
Monday, October 14th will be the final day to turn in both the order form and money. If you have any questions please contact Jenni Crossman 508-454-5206 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher Conference Potluck
The PTO is providing dinner for the teachers on October 17th during evening conferences. If you could help us out by either donating a monetary donation of $10 or product donation, that would be terrific. The link for the sign up genius is below. All donations need to be turned in by October 17th at noon. If you have any question please contact Jennifer Sander ~ email@example.com or 937-694-0987 http://tiny.cc/RJHteacherpotluck
We ask that you keep collecting box tops. We will be doing one final collection at a later date before they go digital.
The PTO will be having their monthly meeting October 14th at 8am. Everyone is welcome to attend.
Did your student miss the Ski & Snowboard Club info meeting? No worries, your student can still join Ski & Snowboard Club! Questions? Email Jennifer_Kirk@plsd.us
- Official Registration Forms available NOW in Room 203!!
- Forms & Money due Wednesday Oct 16
- Charter bus transportation cost included
- Total package cost ranges from $300 - $475
- Beginners welcome!
- You don’t even need your own equipment!
- Keep your pass and go on your own/with friends after the season is over
- Travel Dates: Saturdays: Jan 11, Jan 18, Jan 25, Feb 1, & Feb 8
- Bus departs at 1:30pm and returns at 10:30pm
Updated Sports Information
Winter Sports Coming Soon!
1. Completed OHSAA Athletic physical packet on file in Athletics Office. Get a packet from Athletics office or online @ 8 to 18 Ridgeview website homepage.
2. Complete student online registration: https://oh.8to18.com/ridgeview
3. Attend Winter Athletic meeting with A.D. November 13
4. Understand if your student does make a team, the Pay to Play fee is $155 ($80 due November 22; $75 due January 10).
Girls Basketball Open Gyms 6:00-7:30 p.m.:
Tuesdays 10/1, 10/8, 10/15-at Ridgeview gym
Girls Basketball Try Outs at Ridgeview from 2:30-4:30 p.m. on:
Friday, 10/25, Monday, 10/28 and Tuesday 10/29
Boys Basketball Open Gyms--6:00-7:30 p.m.:
Mondays- September 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21
Wednesdays-Oct. 2, 9, 16, 23
Boys & Girls Basketball Tryouts
Friday October 25
Begins November 6
Check out the 8 to 18 homepage for coach emails, team instruction and full schedule info
From the Athletic Director to all Winter Athletes
The mandatory* winter athletic drug testing is November 14 @2:30 in the gym locker rooms.
Please bring $10.00 cash or check made out to Pickerington Local Schools
*If you took the test in the fall, you do not have to take it again.
Relaying Messages to Students
The district is seeing students across the district who are adding puffy stickers and rhinestones to their Chromebooks. At this point we ask that students remove any rhinestones, gems, pop-sockets, puffy stickers. These types of stickers cause damage to the devices.
Pressure points and cracks in the display.
-If there is pressure applied to the top of the device while it is closed, such as in a stack of books, and there are rhinestones or puffy stickers, this will cause uneven pressure. If too much pressure is applied across the top, it may crack the display.
-We have also seen gems put on the palm-rest that have directly caused cracks in the display since they are raised and push directly on the display when the lid is closed.
Removal of stickers and gems
- When removing the stickers or gems, sometimes there is residue that must be scraped off causing scuffing and scratches. We have also seen where the residue does not come off because the adhesive is so strong. (We can’t use any harsh chemicals as it will damage the plastics)
The damage caused can add up and sometimes lead to a whole device replacement if multiple parts are damaged. We would like to try to avoid cracked displays and damage due to the stickers.
Students are permitted to place school appropriate stickers on the top of their Chromebooks only. The presence of weapons, alcohol, drug or gang related symbols or pictures are not permitted per school/district policies. Stickers cannot cover the PLSD logo or the asset tag number. Stickers are not permitted on the sides or bottom of the Chromebook. 3D stickers, Puffy Stickers, or Rhinestone and Gemstone’s are not permitted as they can cause damage to the device.
• Coloring, Drawing, or Writing on the device is not permitted.
• Cleaning fines will be applied for any markings on the device. If they can not be removed because the medium used to color, draw, or write was permanent, there will be a cost to replace those parts.
• Harsh chemicals cannot be used to clean off devices as it causes further damage to the plastics.