Inspire Family Newsletter
News and updates for families of Inspire students
July 30, 2020
Dear Inspire Families:
Well, it's been a whirlwind few months, but we are definitely getting excited about school starting! We know that distance learning isn't what you signed on for, but our teachers have been researching, collaborating, and developing some creative plans for delivering their amazing instruction online. Here are some updates to help families and students prepare for the return to school on August 11:
- For a recap of our Back-to-School plan, school calendar, and daily schedule, please see the attached video and Google Slides presentation below.
- Tomorrow, look for an email from Dinah Weller with a Back-to-School Welcome Letter. The letter will include a link to a data confirmation form, other electronic forms, and instructions for scheduling student materials pickup. As soon as you finish filling out the data confirmation form, you will be able to log in to Aeries and view your student's schedule. Please note: Period 1 will be locked in on Monday. Other classes may change leading up to the start of school.
- We are working on updating the Inspire website at www.inspirechico.org. Soon, you should be able to check the "Students/Parents" page for back-to-school resources, forms, information about distance learning, frequently asked questions, the 2020-21 calendar, daily schedule, instructions for the First Two Days of school, and other helpful information.
- I will send out an Inspire Family Newsletter next week with instructions for students on how to attend the First Two Days of school on August 11 and 12 from 8:30 - 11:30 a.m. Students will meet virtually in their Advisories to learn about our school culture, opportunities for plugging into activities and clubs, information about distance learning, how-to's for Schoology, and fun activities.
- In the email you will receive tomorrow, Dinah will include instructions for signing up virtually for an appointment to visit the Inspire Office for Materials Distribution the week of August 3-7. Students can sign up for a time slot to pick up a Chromebook or other device, and textbooks or other materials and supplies for school. Please plan to wear a mask, or call and let us know if you need one: (530) 891-3090.
- SCHOOL STARTS ON AUGUST 11!! Mark your calendars.
If you need general support or information, call our office at (530) 891-3090.
If you need help with technology, email Ken Hardy at email@example.com.
If you need help with enrollment, email Dinah Weller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, feel free to call or email me with questions or concerns. Here we go!
With deep appreciation for your partnership,
Inspire School of Arts and Sciences
- Opportunities for live, virtual engagement with teachers and peers each day via Zoom or other online meeting platforms
- Improved, timely, and consistent communication with parents when students are absent or disengaged from learning
- Enhanced opportunities for discussions, group projects, collaborative work and other social learning experiences
- At least 4-6 hours of classwork required each day
- Low barriers and high expectations for grading and attendance, with clear communication to students for how to meet them
- Consistent structure for lessons in Schoology, with clear connections to learning objectives
Teachers have been working hard to prepare for distance learning all summer. We are excited to see how these changes will lead to greater success and improved social and emotional wellness for our students. For more details about distance learning, see the resources linked below.