September News #LEO
We are OFF!
Well Done Redskins!
We have started the school year better than any of us could have imagined! Thank you to our families for working together with us to keep our school and our scholars safe and clean. Because of all of our efforts, we have been able to have a highly successful face to face school and virtual #BeBCMS! Hopefully, by now, your child is in the groove and schedules are consistent. We have taken FALL MAP and created baselines for all our of scholars! We also have welcomed our new Assistant Principal, Mr. Tountaskis! Mr. T. comes to us from North Carolina where he was a middle school principal. He is excited to get back to South Georgia and join our Bryan County Middle School Family.
As a school, we are continuing our work in 7 Mindsets and PBIS. Our PBIS expectations are : Be Respectful
Manage Your Behavior
Strive for ExExExCellence!
Our Mindset of the Month is "Everything is Possible!" Our scholars will work in Seminar on Mindset Mondays and Wellness Wednesdays on developing and honing the skills associated with this mindset!
Our ELA classes will all be beginning Novels in the coming months and please remember scholars have access to the Little Free Library always as well as our Media Center. Readers are Leaders and the best way to get better at reading is to dive into a book you love!
We are continuing to work on our car rider drop off and pick up line. Please adhere to the 1.2.3 system and helping to remind your child to only cross at the crosswalk lines. Please also remember that we do not allow scholars to use their cell phones during the school day-- and we appreciate your help with this. If you need to get in touch with your child, please call the main office.
Thank you for partnering with us to provide an ELITE education~
Mrs. Liz Raeburn
Tips for Virtual #BeBCMS
Information for School Year 2020-2021
- Start and End time is 8:35-3:35
- Drop off time begins at 8:15
- Scholars report directly to Seminar
- All scholars will continue to eat breakfast and lunch in learning spaces or outside eating areas
- PE classes will continue to be closely monitored and use of Fitness Gram for individual fitness
- Our Operations Department continues to provide us with cleaning agents that keep common areas safe.
- Breakfast and Lunch is 100% free to all scholars through December 30, 2020.
- Title One Annual Meeting will be Wednesday, September 30th at 8:30 AM. We will offer this meeting in person and virtual. We will review our annual Title One expectations. We would love for you to join us to talk about all things BCMS!
- Our #BeBCMS News is live on-air each day!
- Please check our Website and Facebook for lots of updates
- Kona Ice will be October 9th
- Fall Break is October 12 and October 13th
- Candy Carts are selling snacks before and after school : All money raised goes to our school PBIS fund
- TRIBE shop continues to sell gear! Call the front office if you want to purchase some new tee shirts!